Performance boost

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Supernova
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Performance boost

Post by Supernova »

Hey all,
I found a really great performance boost that I thought everyone else may enjoy. I have 2 Nvidia cards in my rig and have found that if I run them in Surround mode I get a substantial performance boost within Resolume. This does limit outputs to 5+1 accessory monitor, but interestingly enough even when using two of those outputs on the second card, Resolume doesn't lose any frame-rate like it usually does when doing two gpu's. Also, doing this has completely cleaned up all of the motion issues I used to have with live inputs on my blackmagic input card.
I expect that using Eyefinity on AMD cards might achieve similar results, but I have not tested that.
*Note: running in this mode does make Resolume see all the outputs as one large output (even if they are across 2 gpus) so the output setup is done a little differently than usual, but the results I am getting are really noticeable and exciting. I wanted to share this with the community in the chance that it may make somebody else's experience with this product more enjoyable as well.

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Performance boost

Post by bart »

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!