DMX from 2 lumiverses going to 1 LED

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

DMX from 2 lumiverses going to 1 LED

Post by Downtown »

I have a matrix of LED strips going over artnet to DMX, 35 pixels wide, 13 rows. The problem is that once I hit the end of lumiverse 1 at 512, it's sending 2 channels of dmx to the last pixel, and lumiverse 2 picks it up, throwing off my RGB. Can I make the lumiverse end at 420 (which is exactly 4 rows) for sake of easement? If so, how?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: DMX from 2 lumiverses going to 1 LED

Post by drazkers »

patch the rgbs individually along the last row of the universe. Then you can stop when you want.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Just make your fixture 35 x 4 pixels, and place each fixture in its own lumiverse.

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

drazkers wrote:patch the rgbs individually along the last row of the universe. Then you can stop when you want.
This is pretty close to what I did, actually. I made a fixture at the end of the lumiverse that was 1 address and just set 3 on top of each other. It worked out.
Joris wrote:Just make your fixture 35 x 4 pixels, and place each fixture in its own lumiverse.
Decent idea, but it doesn't exactly solve the problem since it's all in one strip. 512 is not divisible by 3, so the lumiverse ends on 510 being 4 rows and then some, with the last LED being addressed by 2 different lumiverses.

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

I solved it.
I'm using a Madrix Nebula, and you're able to log into the device and set the number of addresses per lumiverse.

http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... ebula.html

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

It's worth pointing out that lumiverse and universe are two things.

But good job on the fix, just pointing out for people searching later.

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

drazkers wrote:It's worth pointing out that lumiverse and universe are two things.

But good job on the fix, just pointing out for people searching later.
What's the difference?

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

A lumiverse is the naming scheme for Resolumes internal DMX screen system. 1 Lumiverse can actually be routed to multiple universes. They each have the same channel min/max but a Lumiverse only resides within the Resolume advanced output.

A universe is how a lumiverse is routed outside of Resolume. Every other artnet system refers to a universe,(nodes, light boards, fixtures.) i assume the resolume guys named this so you can talk about your advanced outputs settings with colleges without getting mixed up.

You could have
Lumiverse 1 go to universe 1/2
Lumiverse 2 go to universe 3/4

So if your co worker said yo, change lumiverse 2 that means you need to makes changes which effect universe 3/4. Its a clever way of showing they are connected without adding confusion when talking to your techs.

Also if you go an LD and keep saying i'm outputting 5 Lumiverses he is going to assume you just talk funny. :lol:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We also made the distinction so that changing your physical nodes or network settings don't mess with your internal pixelmap. It would suck when all your fixtures would disappear the moment you lost connection to a node.

Just like you can swap around Screens to go to different outputs without changing the slices, you can swap around Lumiverses to go to different nodes or DMX devices.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Also if you go an LD and keep saying i'm outputting 5 Lumiverses he is going to assume you just talk funny.
But yeah, mostly this.