Trouble with mapping with Traktor Kontrol F1

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
la_croute
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Trouble with mapping with Traktor Kontrol F1

Post by la_croute »

Hello,

I just bought a Traktor Kontrol F1 and I have problem to make it work on Resolume.
Arena is seeing it, when I go to Preferences --> MIDI, it shows "Traktor Kontrol F1" and I can set "Midi Input" and "Midi Output", but when I try to map something nothing answers...
I though used the proper driver to install the controller, and the update is ok. My computer is also seeing it.
I'm barely sure that it is compatible with Resolume, it is written on the manual online for the controller.
The controller makes light only when I plug it and then nothing happens (no more light at all). I try to press "Shift + Browse" on the controller, as I saw on Native Instruments website this is necessary to use Midi mode, but still nothing (and still no light, as if the controller as no electricity or whatever).
I tried on three different computers, 2 PCs and 1 Mac. Still no difference.

Does someone use this controller ? Does somebody already had this issue ?

Please help me, I'm definitely lost !

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Trouble with mapping with Traktor Kontrol F1

Post by AdevProjects »

You could try opening the NI controller editor to make sure the controller service has started.

BuboyIX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Trouble with mapping with Traktor Kontrol F1

Post by BuboyIX »

t13swift is right. Just download the Controller Editor and let the it detect the Traktor F1. Then just swap it to MIDI mode.

I experienced this problem yesterday. Same problem as what you've stated above. So I tried to download the Controller Editor to see if it detects my F1. As soon as I opened the CE, my F1 lit up and started to function normally.