Arri Skypanel Fixture settings?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Arri Skypanel Fixture settings?

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Hi All

I hope someone can help me as I use Resolume mainly for visuals and don't have huge experience when using Resolume with light fixtures. I have used it with simple PAR 56 RGB fixtures before and it worked well.

I have access to Arri Skypanels S30 - S60 and S120 - Manual here - (http://www.arri.com/lighting/skypanel/products/s60_c/), but I can't get Resolume and the fixture to match the colour space.

So I am connected to the fixture via ethernet cable, going from my MBP to the fixture's own ethernet port and everything is fine, I can dim the light and etc but the colour I am outputting from my Resolume composition (using the Solid Color effect as my source) does not match with what the fixture is outputting.
These lights are made for film sets so they have different modes and protocols, I tried with every possible combination but still no success. These fixtures have RGB LEDs and the each model has different number of LEDs panels, S30 - 1 Panel / S60 -2 Panels / S120 - 4 Panels.
For the S120 for instance I created a fixture on Resolume using the RGB colour space with 12 pixels (4x1).

Any thoughts on how to set up them (Resolume and Fixture) correctly?

Much appreciate it

AdevProjects

Re: Arri Skypanel Fixture settings?

Post by AdevProjects »

Hi,

I have never used these lights before. I had a quick look at the manual. It says that they have RGBW leds, does changing the fixture colour space in Resolume fixture editor to RGBW rather than RGB fix it?

Also, it indicates that only the SXX-C models have RGBW control - Is yours a -C model? It looks like the non C models only have CCT, HSI, and GEL colour spaces.

Alvis_Cortex

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Hi mate, thanks for getting back to me.

The skypanels I have access to are indeed the XXX C Model and I tried using the RGBW colour space on both Resolume (light fixture settings) and the skypanel itself but that didn't work either.

My understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) is that the RGBW mode gives you individual control over the Red Blue and Green levels (plus saturation) which is not really how Resolume works. So to achieve a specific colour you'd have to have X% of red + X% of blue + X% of Green.

After reading the manual I believe the mode I should be on is the HSI mode as once I turn the knob from left to right on the skypanel the colours go from one end of the spectrum to the other end (similar to the HUE knob on Resolume)

One thing I don't get is if I choose the RGBW mode for instance on Resolume that will give me 4 channels right? But in the skypanel the RGBW (8 bit) has 9 channels so how I do I match them?

Many thanks

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 18.08.04.png
This is the fixture profile you're looking for.

Alvis_Cortex

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Great to hear from you Joris

Cool thanks. But how come I couldn't get that to work when I used that fixture (RGBW) on the skypanel and also on Resolume. On Resolume I created a 1x1 RGBW Fixture Am I missing something?

In the fixture settings on Resolume do I need to add 'parameters' below my RGBW fixture in order to have 9 channels and therefore match with the amount of channels skypanel has?

Many thanks

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Close. You need to add the Master Intensity above the RGBW block, the rest below.
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 10.34.02.png
Note the default values for Channel 1 and 6 are not 0.