No Output to Display 2 (Black Screen)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
omgthisnamesux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

No Output to Display 2 (Black Screen)

Post by omgthisnamesux »

Computer:
Acer Predator Helios 300
7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
16GB DDR4 Memory & 256GB SSD

I plug in my Projector via HDMI, load up Resolume, set Output to the Projector Display... and load up a clip, nothing happens. Worked fine on my old Laptop (Razer Blade) - no clue why it's not working on this machine. Only thing I can think is that there's an Integrated Intel HD Graphics card which controls the main Laptop Display, Programs and external displays are run off the Nvidia GeForce 1060, could that be causing problems?

Note - I use HeavyM for Projection Mapping and experience the same problem. However, if I load up a simple program like PowerPoint - it Projects just fine. So It's something with graphic intense programs like Resolume and HeavyM.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: No Output to Display 2 (Black Screen)

Post by Joris »

This is a Windows 10 bug where Optimus "steals" the output from your Nvidia card. It's fixed by updating to the Win 10 Creators Update.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Joris wrote:This is a Windows 10 bug where Optimus "steals" the output from your Nvidia card. It's fixed by updating to the Win 10 Creators Update.
And broken again when updating your Nvidia drivers :(
I would keep your current Nvidia driver, and update to the creators edition. I'm still playing around with what the last stable version of drivers work without optimus stepping in.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We've been told the latest Nvidia beta drivers work with the Creators Update.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I'm running version 382.53, I'll try some testing with the beta later this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up

donking2010

Post by donking2010 »

I've got the same issue. I'm trying to trouble shoot it at the moment. I've updated windows 10 to version 1703 (Creators Update). And rolled back my Nvidia driver to 382.53. Which it was 385.41. And still no output screen.

Any info on how to fix this would be great! I've got a gig in 4 days I'd like to have this up and running for it. :)

System specs:
Windows 10 home
Nvidia GTX 1050 4g ram
16g system ram
SSD system OS

Meptik
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Meptik »

@donking2010 the quick way to fix this is to set your secondary display to be your main display (IE, menu bar etc) and then launch Resolume. Things act a bit odd as Resolume's interface will want to display on the external display. However, it works when you're in a pinch.

donking2010

Post by donking2010 »

Thanks Meptik I tried this and I'm also switching 4 live camera feeds using ATEM. So this presents a bit of a problem. Anyone getting Resolume to work correctly with Windows 10 & Nvidia GTX 1050? If so, what driver are you using for Nvidia? And any system tweaks for windows?