Can't open my recent purchase of Resolume Arena 6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
borisfoong
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can't open my recent purchase of Resolume Arena 6

Post by borisfoong »

Just recently purchase my copy of Resolume Arena 6, installed it, opened Arena 6 and my first attempt was to try to get into preferences and key in the serial for registration. But instead the software hung for a moment and immediately shuts down.

When I try to reopen Arena 6, this message appear.
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 5.26.11 AM.png
Reinstalled, and restarted my MacBook Pro Retina Display (Mid-2014), still didn't work and appeared the same notification.

Help from Resolume Support would be very much appreciated as I very much urgently need to use the software for one of my upcoming events.

With Regards,
Boris Foong

Production & Creative Director - Hybrid Entertainment
Founder/Producer/DJ - Portal MY
Trance DJ - Zouk KL
Stage VJ - BF / ALT.IMG
Compositor - VHQ KL
http://www.borisfoongdj.com

P/S: I know it's beta but c'mon.. A beta version should at least be able to run on a MacBook Pro normally.. :?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Can't open my recent purchase of Resolume Arena 6

Post by Oaktown »

Hi Boris, Arena 6 runs on all of our Macbook Pros from 2013 to 2017 models so that shouldn't be the issue!

Are you able to run the demo version of the software?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Did you see the Resolume window appear before the crash?
Could you please copy-paste that crash Report to a txt file, zip it and attach it to a post here, so we can have a look at it?
If it doesn't crash any more, then you can find the crash reports in /Users/YourUser/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
The file name begins with Arena.
In this case the Error Reporter should also pop up a dialog, where you can add your email, and a description of what happened, and submit the report directly.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

borisfoong

Post by borisfoong »

Hi Oaktown, it is the demo version that I couldn't run, I can't even get into the Arena 6 interface.

Hi ravensc, I did not see a Resolume window before it crashes, immediately all I see was the screenshot I've put up. I've just found the crash report under your guidance, but I don't see any Error Report or the ability to send a report..

Here's a zip file of the crash report I found:

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

What language does your mac run on, what are your network interfaces named, could you make a screenshot of your network preferences?
does your network interface have Cyrillic characters in its name perhaps, or any non english alphabet characters?
looks like rhe crash happens when resolume tries to open the first network interface.
Please zip and attach the Resolume Arena 6 folder you can find in your Documents.
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

pit_stolkysbit

Post by pit_stolkysbit »

same problem too on mac pro 2013, and on mac pro retina 2015 don't even going to install :o

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

pit_stolkysbit wrote:same problem too on mac pro 2013, and on mac pro retina 2015 don't even going to install :o
As said above, on the handful macs we have we experience no crashes, you obviously do.
Please send us the above mentioned additional information and files so we can figure out the cause of these crashes and fix them.
Thank you!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can you check your "Security & Privacy" settings in your System Preferences to make sure MacOS is not preventing you to install a third-party software. If so all you'd have to do is authorize the installation.

pit_stolkysbit

Post by pit_stolkysbit »

ravensc wrote:
pit_stolkysbit wrote:same problem too on mac pro 2013, and on mac pro retina 2015 don't even going to install :o
As said above, on the handful macs we have we experience no crashes, you obviously do.
Please send us the above mentioned additional information and files so we can figure out the cause of these crashes and fix them.
Thank you!
I can't send any bug report because I can't even install R6 !! package is not opening on retina :cry:
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2017-09-19 в 23.13.05.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Osx has a bug, where sometimes the Installer.app won't correctly open a .pkg if you double click it.
If this happens, you can open the Installer.app directly and select the package in the file dialog.
http://osxdaily.com/2016/07/26/fix-stuc ... -mac-os-x/