4k gui resolution EDID issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: 4k gui resolution EDID issues

Post by Zoltán »

We're working on it.
In the meantime, if you disable scaling in windows, you should get the correct resolutions.
sachismo wrote:Please let us know if there is any headway being made on this, as this is curently the main thing keeping me from ugrading my whole production to R6! And I really want to
Keep in mind this is still beta, have a look at this post viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14856#p62185
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

sachismo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: 4k gui resolution EDID issues

Post by sachismo »

Hey,

Thanks for the response! Sorry if I was seeming impatient, just dying to use all of the new features for our show.

And after your tip I did get it working as expected! The fix is just different than my fix that worked before on Arena 5.. So for anyone having this same issue I will post the process that now works for me:

1-With output screen(s) connected, right-click on desktop to open Windows display settings.

2-Make sure "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is at 100% for all outputs including main GUI display

3-If you have disabled display scaling in resolume properties, uncheck it to set back to normal. Otherwise this step is not necessary

4-Restart computer! These setting do not seem to take effect until restart.

5- That should be it!

Both my systems now currently have pixel perfect outputs as expected!

And an extra added bonus is that I can now use Windows display scaling ont the GUI screen during a session if Resolume or other programs are too small on your high DPI display! (Just make sure it is set back to 100% before restart!)

I'm sure future updates and fixes will allow normal windows scaling for GUI, but this is no longer a showstopper at all for me. Now to get mapping!

Thanks as always for the great work Resolume team!