R6 bugs and tips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
strangehead
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: R6 bugs and tips

Post by strangehead »

hmmmm, next try to get a ticket ;-)

I want to have 2 effects to switch between via Dashboard
My goal is that middle position of dashboard should be 0% on both effect / dashboard on left should be 100% from effect1 and dashboard on right should be 100 % of effect2

This is the solution i want to create:

-> Take a clip or layer
-> Take 2 effects on this clip or layer
-> Set opacity of effect1 to 50% and connect to Dashboard
-> Connect opacity of effect2 to the same Dashboard-Knob and set it to modus "inverse"

Now the "Defaulposition" of this Dashboardknob is exactly on 50%
This position is the position where i can go by a right click on the knob. Works.
and it still works after closing arena an restart
BUT like i write in the start, i want to have 0% of opacity on both effects on this defaulposition....
So i go further with these steps:

-> Envelope Opacity of effect1 (0 % from start to middle and fade from 0 to 100 between middle and end)
-> Envelope Opacity of effect2 (0 % from start to middle and fade from 0 to 100 between middle and end)

And again, the "Defaulposition" is on the middle of the knob an i can go to this position by rightclick. And the value on this position is now 0 % on both effect. Yeah!
BUT WITH THIS ENVELOPE, AFTER RESTART ARENA, THE DEFAULPOSITION IS GONE
(i think, that could be because the value of opactity was 0 on this "Defaulposition of the knob" and on a restart Resolume take this value to set the "Defaultposition of Dashboard"... and so the Dashboard goes to the left side, where 0 is......)

I can create same scenario with the "Dial Range"-Function instead the "Envelope". Same result :(

I hope you can recreate what i mean :D

I love the option to Envelope the parameters and i think it could be a powerful tool to have 2 or more effects on a Dash.

greets
strangehead

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

strangehead wrote:I hope you can recreate what i mean
could you post a screenshot of this?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ok, I think I see now what's happening.
The dashboard's right click position is set to the parameter value on first dashboard assignment, thic right clicking on the dashboard resets to this value.
But after you adjust dashboard dial, save the composition and re-open it, this "default" value will not be as it was previously, but it is the saved position.
I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I don't see the dashboard default documented as a feature, so I think it is bug.
We'll find out, ticket #9790
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

aeldryn

Post by aeldryn »

Hi,
I found another one. I have 3 layers with layer routers. When I multiselect them and initialize thumbnail update, only some of them updates, rest of them changes values width and height to 0 without thumbnail update. When I click on that icon to resize back... it stucks the whole Resolume. And I have to shut it down with task manager.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

aeldryn wrote:Hi,
I found another one. I have 3 layers with layer routers. When I multiselect them and initialize thumbnail update, only some of them updates, rest of them changes values width and height to 0 without thumbnail update. When I click on that icon to resize back... it stucks the whole Resolume. And I have to shut it down with task manager.
Created ticket #9798

paull

Post by paull »

Hi,

I have been using R6 for 5 days and so far have the following comments:

Loading 20 stills each image currently has to be adjusted to change the projection time from 1s to something more useable like 3s (could this be done by selecting all and changing one image only and all being affected OR have an option in preferences)

My 2 Blackmagic intensity cards are no longer showing as inputs or outputs

Also the autopilot seems to stick on the first image when placed to move randomly (ie it move from image 1 to 3 back to 1 to 5 back to 1 )

Love the way its going though.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

paull wrote:I have been using R6 for 5 days and so far have the following
Beta 3 is just out, could you give these another go?
paull wrote:could this be done by selecting all and changing one image only and all being affected OR have an option in preferences
Adding the ability to set the option in Defaults is on the roadmap for 6.x so probably won't be included in 6.0.0.
paull wrote:My 2 Blackmagic intensity cards are no longer showing as inputs or outputs
They should be in Sources panel named "Decklink.."
Which intensity cards are those?
paull wrote:Also the autopilot seems to stick on the first image when placed to move randomly (ie it move from image 1 to 3 back to 1 to 5 back to 1 )
Could you please explain how you do this step by step so I can recreate?
Thanks!

paull

Post by paull »

Hi just downloaded Beta 3 that good rid of the autopilot issue, thanks.

It feels a lot more solid and is working a lot more smoothly.
Last edited by paull on Tue Oct 10, 2017 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

paull

Post by paull »

Still not able to see Blackmagic cards in R6 but can in R4 see attached images. However R6 can see the audio inputs of the cards
Attachments
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG
Last edited by paull on Tue Oct 10, 2017 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

paull

Post by paull »

Not able to load Dotoptic effect clips file. When I drag the file I get the no entry error sign
Attachments
IMG_3154.JPG