R6 bugs and tips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
aeldryn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

R6 bugs and tips

Post by aeldryn »

Hi,
I would like to start reporting some bugs and tips for improvement.

:arrow: Grouping is one of the best functions. However if I click in existing layer and add it to new group it distorts the order
In attached example I have tried to make a goup from layer 4 and it added a new group below and put layer 11 there. Adding more layer to this group causes growing error. But when I drag and drop the whole group somewhere else, it sorts well afterwards.
:arrow: when i click on composition or clip label, it automaticaly opens that envelope in settings window. However if I click on layer, it does not activate that sheet/envelope or how to say. So if I wan to open Layer settings, I have to click on Layer and then on Layer envelope in settings panel.
:?: Would be nice to have possibility to make shortcuts for Layouts. So we can quickly change between editing and performance layout..or other various. For editing I need more wider settings panels and for live acting more clip workspace.
:?: The recording function has greatly improved. However it would be nice to have possibility to choose what to record(layer, clip, composition, group) and also choose where to put that new clip...instead of dropping it every time in first layer
Attachments
1.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: R6 bugs and tips

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks,
1. do you maybe remember what you did before? moving layers deleting layers etc, I can't recreate, maybe the key is something you did before creating the group.

2. will be fixed in the next release
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

aeldryn wrote:Hi,
I would like to start reporting some bugs and tips for improvement.

:arrow: Grouping is one of the best functions. However if I click in existing layer and add it to new group it distorts the order
In attached example I have tried to make a goup from layer 4 and it added a new group below and put layer 11 there. Adding more layer to this group causes growing error. But when I drag and drop the whole group somewhere else, it sorts well afterwards.
Are you saying that when you move layer 11 into a group below layer 4 you now skip from layer 10 to layer 12?
:arrow: when i click on composition or clip label, it automaticaly opens that envelope in settings window. However if I click on layer, it does not activate that sheet/envelope or how to say. So if I wan to open Layer settings, I have to click on Layer and then on Layer envelope in settings panel.
Is this what you're describing: ?
:?: Would be nice to have possibility to make shortcuts for Layouts. So we can quickly change between editing and performance layout..or other various. For editing I need more wider settings panels and for live acting more clip workspace.
How quickly do you jump from editing to performance?
:?: The recording function has greatly improved. However it would be nice to have possibility to choose what to record(layer, clip, composition, group) and also choose where to put that new clip...instead of dropping it every time in first layer
If you want to record a layer (or clip), group, composition, then you can just play that. If you want to isolate any of these during a full set, you could always set up a syphon/spout/NDI streaming using a slice in the advanced output for the specific item you want to record and use an external recorder. As far as I understand, the main reason the recording shows up on the first open clip of layer 1 in the current deck is so that it's easy to find to use on the fly. I personally use the recording function to create content on the fly when i'm in rehearsal in an effort to streamline my process.

aeldryn

Post by aeldryn »

I will reply wery soon on that questions... meantime....
Where is the strobe effect? :o

S pout is a problem now - if Im not wrong, the present version does not have 64-bit support. So i cannot use spoutsender as effect on layers to send out for recording. Using advanced output/screens is too messy...i dont want fe 5 sceens in advanced output.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

:o :shock: The Strobe FX is really gone!? no way!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

strobe fx is coming.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Oaktown wrote: Is this what you're describing: ?
I think it is, and I don't think that link is working for aeldryn.
So the issue is: if you have the clip and layer panels in the same panel group, the clip panel will be always on top when you select a layer that is playing.

strangehead

Post by strangehead »

I've play with res6 last few days. Great!
I love the option to arrange the UI - goodbye "highscreen" welcome "crossscreen" :lol:
An option to collapse Layers (like collapse Effects) would be nuts...

I had some probs with the effect "Wave Warp". Doesn't work after "Goo", "Ripples" and "Fragment". If "wave warp" is placed before these 3 effects, it works.

Like other users, i miss the strobe effect (will come i've heard).
I also miss the 2 effects "Sparkle" and "Snow". That were presents from resolume and i love it! Sparkle was one of my fav effect. Are there any plans to create these Effects for Res6?

Greets
strangehead

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

strangehead wrote: I had some probs with the effect "Wave Warp". Doesn't work after "Goo", "Ripples" and "Fragment". If "wave warp" is placed before these 3 effects, it works.
Thanks, I created a ticket #9633.
strangehead wrote:I also miss the 2 effects "Sparkle" and "Snow"
They are also coming.

strangehead

Post by strangehead »

Looks like there's something strange with the effects "Noisy", "Suckr" and "FishEye"

When the parameter Noise=0, the position (and zoom) of the clip is not at the correct position.
Same Problem with Suck=0 and FishEye=0

You can check out the prob with setting these parameters to 0 and then switch the opacity from 0% to 100%

Arena 5.1.2 ok / Arena 6 Beta2 Not ok

greets

strangehead