Res 6: Dragging clips behavior

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Res 6: Dragging clips behavior

Post by Programfeed »

Let's say you have a deck with 100 columns, all perfectly stacked up for cue-to-cue column triggers. You want to move one clip around, so click and hold and begin the drag to another cell.

In Resolume 6 there are now two options: the usual box outline around a cell and also a vertical line that allows a clip to be inserted in a new cell at the placement of the vertical line presented during this drag-n-drop operation.

If a user wants to drop the clip in an existing cell but misses by a couple pixels and accidentally creates a new cell ( the vertical line rather than cell outline), this has the unfortunate side effect of throwing off clip placement for everything to the right of it in the deck. So now a perfectly stacked deck is out of position with no way to undo.

Can we have an option to disable the "insert into new cell" behavior? I'm sure there are awesome use cases for that feature, but at least in my example with stacked clips and column triggers, the damage it can cause to cueing isn't worth the benefit of the additional drag operation option.

Curious what other people think.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Res 6: Dragging clips behavior

Post by Arvol »

This has happened a few times on me.
My "Undo" button is to select all the files, cut and paste into the starting column.
That and saving my comp every 5 min. in case of a crash or a mistake I ma

Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Res 6: Dragging clips behavior

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

A very long awaiting feature of an UNDO button would solve the problem. Unfortunately we are still waiting of that.