R6 firewire input?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
johyde
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

R6 firewire input?

Post by johyde »

I don't seem to be able to get the firewire input working with Resolume 6 (EDIT - to be more specific, it doesn't appear in the Sources list). I appreciate that this is old technology, but I still use it as an easy way to get old-school analogue video (from an analogue video synthesiser, through an old DV cam, using a FW - TB adaptor on a MacBook Pro) into Resolume - it's always been a good way to do it. I'm hoping it's just one of those features that's not made it into the Beta yet (or I'm missing something). Please say it's not been depreciated!?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: R6 firewire input?

Post by Joris »

Does capture via firewire still work in Quicktime X?

johyde

Post by johyde »

yes, it seems to.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Can you post a screenshot of how the selection looks when you capture via QTX?

Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Programfeed »

firewire.jpg

johyde

Post by johyde »

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for a slow reply - I got busy with something else. I'd really like to pursue this though, as the firewire in is still useful for old-school SD video.

In QuickTime X, the camera input appears as the name of the camera - (Panasonic) NV-GS55. Screenshot attached. That's what appears in Resolume 5 also. In 6 I get nothing other than the FaceTime camera.

Any (more) help v gratefully received!
Screenshot 2017-10-15 20.15.36.png

Joris

Post by Joris »

On OSX, we use AVFoundation for capture of devices that we don't support natively. So if your box shows in Quicktime X, I'm guessing that means it uses AV Foundation to capture the firewire port. Which would mean it should just show in Resolume as well.

I'll ask our capture guru to look into this.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Can you also post a screenshot of which capture devices Resolume does list in its Sources tab?