Bugs R6 Beta 2 - mouse pointer over output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Aux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Bugs R6 Beta 2 - mouse pointer over output

Post by Aux »

Hi all,

After a gig this week we found out one very annoying bug, and one feature, which I think is not good anymore since some (awesome) added features in R6.
Running on Win 10.

Bug: When dragging the vertical scrollbar of your deck and while keeping your mouse button pressed, when you move your mouse onto the second screen the pointer appears over the output. Doesn't happen with the horizontal scrollbar. I'm pretty sure we don't want this :D

Not-so-nice-feature:
In the timeline (example working on an envelope), when right clicking on left of to the envelope the whole envelope / all your changes disappear.
I've posted this earlier (in the general forum) and Zoltan replied that this is standard behaviour with al paramaters. Resetting a parameter by right-clicking is indeed a good solution for 1-dimensional parameters (sliders/values).
The problem is that with an envelope you can put quite some work in it to get it right. Having right clicking immediately undo'ing all of the work and no CTRL-Z option is not really user-friendly.

I would suggest changing the default behaviour of resetting a parameter to it's default state to CTRL-2nd mouse click, or something similar if you want to solve this issue globally.

Another option is to have a warning when right clicking on the side of an envelope or any other parameter that can have incremental changes.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Bugs R6 Beta 2 - mouse pointer over output

Post by francoe »

I'm pretty sure saw the same behaviour (mouse pointer appearing on output) on arena 5. Do you test it?

About envelopes, I see your previous comment and can't reproduce what you describe.
If I draw an envelope on an effect slider (transform, or any filter), clicking right-button don't erase the envelope.
I'll recommend you to save a preset one time you get the envelope ready, but...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The outputs of resolume are borderless windows filling the screens, as far as I know.
The mouse cursor will always be above windows, so you don't need to grab anything to recreate this, just simply move your mouse over to the other display.
This has been the same in R5.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Aux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Aux »

ok weird, so it's a feature ;)

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

To minimize the risk of a cursor being visible during a show, I always put my outputs, in the top right corner of my UI screen so that there is only one entry point instead of an area.

Also, if you accidentally lose your cursor, all you need to do to find it is bring it down & left until it pops up in your top right corner.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The outputs of resolume are borderless windows filling the screens, as far as I know.
The mouse cursor will always be above windows,
The outputs are borderless windows, but they are set to render at the highest window level. So when another window is focused, for instance when working in Resolume's GUI, the mouse and all other windows will disappear behind the output. You can see this going into Windowed mode on your main monitor. Only when you click on the output to bring that window into focus, will it show the cursor.

There are some exceptions, especially when application windows start to span two monitors, for instance when moving an Explorer window half way to the second monitor. Or when an UI element 'falls off' its own monitor to the next. This will make the OS very confused, and there is a chance you will see it over your output.