Arena Beta 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
akmusique
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena Beta 3

Post by akmusique »

dear vj´s,
i´ve just downloaded arena beta3 - main reason -> the link button for ableton link.
but i can´t find it - any think i have to check first bevor i can see him?
nevertheless it should be right there - as shown in the video for it - should´nt it?
any help would be nice. Of course live9 is running.
andreas - akmusique

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Arena Beta 3

Post by drazkers »

click View > Ableton Link.

Now the button shows up.

subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Multiple Clips - limited parameter list

Post by subpixel »

v6 Beta issue: no longer able to specify Width and Height parameters when Multiple Clips are selected.

Wishlist: present as many common parameters/controls as possible when Multiple Clips are selected, eg Blend Mode, Alpha Type, perhaps also Transport controls (Play Backwards Play Forwards, Pause Playback, Random Playback, etc; parameters/options changed to apply only to clips with the relevant Transport Modes).

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Clip Resize - Fit and Fill have opposite to usual meanings

Post by drazkers »

subpixel wrote:"Fit" usually means make scale to as large as possible within the frame whilst maintaining the original aspect ratio.
"Fill" usually means scale to the minimum necessary size to entirely fill the frame whilst maintaining the original aspect ratio.

Issue: v6 Beta (1, 2, 3) "Resize - Fill" does not (always) fill the frame (it does a standard "scale to fit") and "Resize - Fit" can scale the original to be larger than the composition (it does a standard "fill").

Note that the Layer > Video > Auto Size options are named with the usual naming convention ("Fit" fits the layer into the composition, "Fill" fills the composition with the layer).
Hey Subpixel, these seem like unrelated questions and comments. Did you accidentally post in here?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

drazkers wrote:
subpixel wrote:"Fit" usually means make scale to as large as possible within the frame whilst maintaining the original aspect ratio....
Hey Subpixel, these seem like unrelated questions and comments. Did you accidentally post in here?
Yes, I guess, moved post to a separate topic.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15040
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

drazkers wrote:Hey Subpixel, these seem like unrelated questions and comments. Did you accidentally post in here?
No. The Topic is "Arena Beta 3".

There is a similar topic, "R6 bugs and tips" which I could have posted in. A new topic for every small item, especially relating to beta testing, seems like spamming the topics.

-subpixel

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

subpixel wrote:
drazkers wrote:Hey Subpixel, these seem like unrelated questions and comments. Did you accidentally post in here?
No. The Topic is "Arena Beta 3".

There is a similar topic, "R6 bugs and tips" which I could have posted in. A new topic for every small item, especially relating to beta testing, seems like spamming the topics.

-subpixel
A new topic for each different issue actually makes it much easier to keep track of the conversation.
And at the same time makes searching much easier, to find out if the issue was already posted.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

Zoltán wrote:A new topic for each different issue actually makes it much easier to keep track of the conversation.
And at the same time makes searching much easier, to find out if the issue was already posted.
Assuming people don't use unhelpful topic titles such as "Arena Beta 3" when they really mean "Ableton Link not showing" ;)