MIDI Output - missing values from fast mouse movement with layer opacity sliders | v6 Beta 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

MIDI Output - missing values from fast mouse movement with layer opacity sliders | v6 Beta 3

Post by subpixel »

I've been playing with some MIDI gadgets over the past few days. I enabled MIDI output to send feedback to my Qu-Neo controller. Aside from hours of MIDI routing etc frustration, I noticed that if you use the mouse to drag a layer's opacity slider, if you move the mouse quickly from within the slider range to outside it (above or below), although the slider moves to the extremity (top or bottom), the MIDI output stops updating at - I'm guessing - the last place the mouse was within the range (before the next screen refresh when the mouse is out of the range).

I haven't looked to see if this happens with any other mouse-draggable controls.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: MIDI Output - missing values from fast mouse movement with layer opacity sliders | v6 Beta 3

Post by Zoltán »

I can't recreate this with a midi monitor connected to Resolume Midi output.
I always get the end values sent last when I drag the sliders very fast.
Could you check your midi output with a Midi monitor program instead of the controller itself?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: MIDI Output - missing values from fast mouse movement with layer opacity sliders | v6 Beta 3

Post by subpixel »

MIDI output values observed in MIDI-OX.