Windows 10 update October 2017 *AVOID AT ALL COST*

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Windows 10 update October 2017 *AVOID AT ALL COST*

Post by rawdesigns »

I have no idea why the update caused this, but here is what happened. When I would launch res6 it loaded up fine but then in my advanced output window, if I dragged the window it would move then get stuck. My whole screen would freeze for a moment and then go completely black. Resolume would work again but the preview monitor, advanced output monitor would go all white or freeze whatever clip was playing. I thought it was a Resolume 6 issue, so I tried to freeze it again on res5 and it seemed to do the same thing and crash. Even when I would drag around windows explorer while Resolume was open, It would black screen again. Do you think in the new update having graphically intense programs running causes the crash? Here is link on how Razer laptop owners are experience problems with the update http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/sci ... -Microsoft

Also I noticed the difference in the Task Manager where they added GPU monitoring (see image).

I'm not 100% this was the update but after rolling back my version of windows, things seem to be working fine.

Everyone beware of this Windows 10 "Fall Creators Update" and always backup and create system image's before updating anything.
Attachments
windows-10-task-manager-gpu-performance-graph-1048x787.jpg

Typhoon
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Windows 10 update October 2017 *AVOID AT ALL COST*

Post by Typhoon »

Thanks for the warning.

gregsully
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gregsully »

I also did the update.. I didn't even realize that it was going to be a big update, it was a simple update and shutdown on the taskbar. Once the update took 10 minutes I knew it was something bigger.

It has also f**ked Resolume. Thank you for confirming my suspicions that it was the update.. I thought I was going crazy. I cant get the preview window to work. The Advanced output window freezes... And frame rates are all over the place with adding on outputs..

I have a feeling this topic will get large on here. Resolume needs to adjust the new paradigm quickly.

rawdesigns

Post by rawdesigns »

gregsully wrote:I thought I was going crazy..
No thank you for confirming I wasn’t going crazy!!

visions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by visions »

I just updated windows 10 with "fall creators update". I dint have preview monitor issues, but I have suddenly framerate drops, and damn diagonal tearing in output is back!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

could you check your nvidia driver version (before and) after the update?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

What kind of hardware does anyone run? Are these custom machines? Store bought? I have 6 machines that have updated to this update and only one with issues is the one with newer hardware in it (as mentioned in post, stuff with x299 chipset).

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

On my macbook pro with GT650m, the update didn't touch the nvidia driver, on my machine with my gtx 1080 I got new drivers installed. Over a Teamviewer session the monitor textures are now black, I need to check the machine in person to confirm.
My old driver version was 382.05, I had no issues with it.

edit:
the black textures over teamviewer are a separate issue, couldn't find out yet what causes that, but on the computer's monitor everything looks fine.
Reinstalled the old nvidia driver and the fps is back to the usual.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

smoresahoy

Post by smoresahoy »

Anyone find a fix for this?

I'm currently running a Sager NP8952 (Clevo P950HR) with Resolume 5.1.3 and 5.1.4. I have windows build 16299.125 and this is driving me nuts considering its a brand new laptop.

On my alienware I'm running OS build 15063.674 and I'm doing just fine.

Anyway to roll back to that build???

smoresahoy

Post by smoresahoy »

I solved this issue by actually torrenting build 1703, mounting the ISO, and then installing that.

My new sager laptop came with 1709 preinstalled, hence why I couldn't just revert back.