R6 text generator

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
flo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

R6 text generator

Post by flo »

Hi,

I'm testing the beta 3 and I love there is a built in text generator. But I am missing some functionality from the old text generators coming as quartz composer comps. In the qc comps there was an option to input multiple lines of text and then output them one after the other and setting the line change speed. With a bit of modification in QuartzComposer you could add the same functionality for the font names and generate a really cool text effect with jumping font styles.
It would be really good to have these options again in the new R6. Because of the abandoning of QuartzComposer comps in R6 the old qc-files can't be used anymore...

Best regards
Florian

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: R6 text generator

Post by Zoltán »

The Text animator source and effect in Resolume 6 is very powerful.
Enable animation, set range to Line and with the opacity animated you'll be able to show the text one line at a time.
You can set a custom envelope to the opacity parameter, so you can even control the curve of the opacity.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

flo

Post by flo »

Hi Zoltán,

thanks for the reply. Yes I know that the tool is really more powerful than the old one and I like it a lot, but with the animate line option the text lines show up one below the other. What I would like to have is that the single lines show up at the same position just one after the other. Like a sequence of lines.

Best regards

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Maybe make separate clips and use Auto pilot?

flo

Post by flo »

Yes, autopilot could be an option but the QC text clips were lot easier to use.

Regards