Slice Transform effect disabled when Advanced Output not active | v6 Beta 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Slice Transform effect disabled when Advanced Output not active | v6 Beta 3

Post by subpixel »

drazkers wrote:I'd like to see a show of hands for people who don't use advanced output for shows. It's actually been years since I haven't used it. I feel like your asking for the craziest code rewrites for the most niche thing.
If everyone uses Advanced Output all the time, it seems that the code which intentionally does something different when Advanced Outputs is not being used it the crazy option! :D

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

francoe wrote:Subpixel, what's the point of not use the advanced output? I can't imagine the reason or scenario.
If all your compositing can be done in the composition, then you can just output to a screen.

Meanwhile, Advanced Output can be used to create a screen with a single slice with the composition as the source. That may introduce a slight amount of wasted effort.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Oh, so you're trying to get some more headroom on your render pipeline. I undestand, but doubt if that makes a real difference since the hardest work is on slices side, not the last draw.
Your propponsal is to move all the slices process to an earlier stage, and then use just a fullscreen display to get out. I don't know if that makes a big difference, do you notice some down comparing one fullscreen output and advanced with just one screen/one slice?

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the Slice Transform effect allows you to use shortcuts (MIDI!) to enable and disable slices; people have been begging to be able to control the Advanced Output settings to switch looks on the fly for ages.