AkaiAPC40mkII and MIDI problem in Resolume Arena 6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Wiki
Is taking Resolume on a second date

AkaiAPC40mkII and MIDI problem in Resolume Arena 6

Post by Wiki »

Hi,

I have problem with midi conection to my Akai40mk2. I configured it correctly and i can control R6 but the buttons/knobs do not send back to akai their current position. For example i have effects in each layer, when i change layer my Akai don't show actual position in effect. I try all midi option but does not work. The Clips area works perfect and my color pad show actual loaded clips but the rest buttons does not work properly. What am I doing wrong? I try in R5 demo and everything is OK.

Resolume 5

Resolume 6

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: AkaiAPC40mkII and MIDI problem in Resolume Arena 6

Post by Zoltán »

Are you using the built-in APC40mkII preset that came installed with Resolume, or did you create your own mapping?
Wiki wrote:I configured it correctly and i can control R6 but the buttons/knobs do not send back to akai their current position.
Which buttons/knobs are these?
Could you attach your preset file?
You can find it easily by folding down the preset selector dropdown, and choosing show in finder/explorer on the bottom of the option list.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by theLABVisuals »

From what I'm seeing here it looks like under Resolume 5 you had the pots "layer mapped" to the dashboard of the active layer. Then mapped the five buttons to swap the active layer. Is that the case?
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Zoltan: I'm create new mapping but i check built in APC40mkII preset and there is the same problem ("example" file and APC 40 MKII preset, there is hue effects in all layers and its not refreshing position on my controller when i change layer)
theLABVisuals: In R6 i made this the same, all effects works in "selected layer"

There is connection in two ways but it's some problem with refreshing when i change layer. I think this problem is because there rebuild midi system in R6. In Resolume 5 i can configured all buttons in my controller, in R6 program see some buttons incorrectly. it's hard to explain but look one simple situation:

I configure some buttons to "composition deck select" its really simply and there is no too much function. In R5 i push them and the light turns on and it change in the program. In R6 only blink but also change in program. I don,t want blinking, i want to now what composition deck is turn on. In preset button i have "MIDI Out Velocity" status ON Velocity 127- On"

R5

R6

If this is not my fault or my computer/drivers/anything i have to say that new version Resolume is useless with my controller AkaiAPC40mk2 (I use resolume only with controller)

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by theLABVisuals »

Strange you say useless, personally I've had channel issues under Resolume 5.x and 6 has brought back full control. Your not running any midi yokes / Bomes etc are you ?
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Wiki

Post by Wiki »

theLABVisuals: I have 55 effects in 5 layers explain me how can i make live performance if my controller don't show me what actually effects is turn on layer? I don't use keyboard and mouse, i use only controller. For me R6 actually is useless i don't know what's better term. I'm frustrated because i must still use VDMX. I'm not running any program like bones etc. I try R6 in MacPro and R6 beta in MacbookPro. It's the same problem :/

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Yesterday was thinking on capture a video to show the same as first post. I have exactly the same error, and is hard to me to explain it.
Is like setting up dashboard dials to 'selected layer' (as example, is the same with any other parameter/values) do not work as usual. I can select the layer from the controller, but never gets the update, and never sends the midi out change. So if I set a dial at 100 on layer 1, and change to layer 2, dial 2 goes to 100.
I know what's happening but don't know how to explain it.
Default 'shortcut' for apc40mkii does it, and making your own too. Spended a whole night trying to figure out what's wrong and conclude is not on my side.
Try'ed the 3 different modes on midi settings without success. :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

francoe wrote:Is like setting up dashboard dials to 'selected layer' (as example, is the same with any other parameter/values) do not work as usual. I can select the layer from the controller, but never gets the update,
Ok, so they are the dashboard dials on selected layer (#10139) should be fixed in 6.0.2.
Wiki wrote:my controller don't show me what actually effects is turn on layer?
Do you also use the dashboard dials for this purpose?
Wiki wrote:I configure some buttons to "composition deck select" its really simply and there is no too much function. In R5 i push them and the light turns on and it change in the program. In R6 only blink but also change in program.
I created a ticket for this. (#10194)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Zoltan, some things gets hard to explain to me (pretty poor english).
Just to be clear, isn't a dashboard dials problem.
This is another example:
I put a saturation filter on every layer, and map the sat value to a knob.
So lets say you put sat on layer 1: 100% and layer 2:50%
When I select layer 1 lights on encoder shows all lights, then I select layer 2 and lights are half on.

(first image) In 5 I can switch from one layer to another and just turn the knob, values are consistent with the filter values.
(Second image) In 6 when I make the switch from layer 1 to 2, lights gets not updated and if I turn the knob values go to 100% before start changing.

Is like when you select the layer do not check the stored value on that layer/parameter (and don't send the midi out value to controller for lights).

Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Resolume 6.0.0 has a bug. I try again Resolume 6 beta and works fine