Problem with multiple projector

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Problem with multiple projector

Post by VjLuper »

Hallo guys!
Got this weird issue with 6.0.1 - I have 3 "Nvidia Quadro P4000" on my computer, need to control 10 projectors at the end
But already, with just 5 projector connected, the 6.0.1 is not able to output in 2 of them (even if it see them!)
neither with Output fullscreen, widowed or advanced. I can select them, but on projector I still see the desktop background

I'm trying with the 5.1.4 and it works (even if it see a weird "2880x1800" resolution, they are all 1920x1200)
any idea?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Problem with multiple projector

Post by Zoltán »

First, I would try to set the desktop scaling to 100%, to see if that solves it.
Also there is now an Identify Displays option in the Output menu, that paints numbers and color backgrounds to outputs.
In the best case all the outputs should show only one number with one full screen background.
Could you try this, also with desktop scaling enabled and disabled?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

What kind of motherboard/CPU do you have? Your black monitor issue could also come from the fact that you don't have enough PCIe bandwidth to support 3 P4000 GPUs. These cards are PCI Express 3.0 x16 but they will also work at x8 so if you have three I think you'd need a minimum of 32 lanes available (x16 for the main and x8 for the second and third card) to be able to use them properly.

Also keep in mind that not all PCIe slots are created equal so just because it can take a x16 card doesn't mean it can run at x16 or even x8 sometimes a x16 slot will run at x1 or x4.

VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VjLuper »

aha, with "desktop scaling to 100%" it works, thanks
it is supposed to be like this? or it's a bug?

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

Oaktown wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 17:07 What kind of motherboard/CPU do you have? Your black monitor issue could also come from the fact that you don't have enough PCIe bandwidth to support 3 P4000 GPUs. These cards are PCI Express 3.0 x16 but they will also work at x8 so if you have three I think you'd need a minimum of 32 lanes available (x16 for the main and x8 for the second and third card) to be able to use them properly.

Also keep in mind that not all PCIe slots are created equal so just because it can take a x16 card doesn't mean it can run at x16 or even x8 sometimes a x16 slot will run at x1 or x4.
This is good advice. I had an issue like this with a Capture Card. It was the correct x4 slot but didn't work. How to know then so I don't find out the hard way?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

massta wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 16:20This is good advice. I had an issue like this with a Capture Card. It was the correct x4 slot but didn't work. How to know then so I don't find out the hard way?
Just check the PCIe lane assignment in the manual for your motherboard and you'll find all the information you want.