My first R6 findings...

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: My first R6 findings...

Post by Joris »

#1 The preview stopping is still a thing, but they are working on it...
So here's what I'm doing:

1) I create a new comp
2) I throw a bunch of short loops in layer 1
3) Trigger the first clip in layer 1 and set layer 1 to autopilot random
4) I throw a clip in layer 2
5) I preview the clip

At this point, I can keep previewing the clip till the cows come home. It stays visible in the preview. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm previewing the actual clip, or layer 2 playing the clip. In both cases, the preview stays live throughout the random triggers in layer 1.

We'd love to fix it, but as far as I can see, it's working as it should. Maybe you can see what I'm missing?

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

This is what happens here, using my standard deck, all DXV, no FX applied nothing:
https://apaloozavisuals.com/resolumepreviewweg/
:cry:
:edit: I found another quirk in this, previewing the random layer won't quit preview when clips switch...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Okay, so the magic combo is that the autopilot clip needs to be on bpm sync *and* have beat snap enabled. Then once the beat snap reaches zero and the clip actually starts playing, the preview clears. If you have beat snap turned off, or the autopilot clip is not on bpm sync, it works fine.

Thanks for posting the video, it was helpful to see everything that was happening and recreate.

I'll make a ticket, and we'll fix it for 6.0.10.

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Joris wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 22:12 Okay, so the magic combo is that the autopilot clip needs to be on bpm sync *and* have beat snap enabled. Then once the beat snap reaches zero and the clip actually starts playing, the preview clears. If you have beat snap turned off, or the autopilot clip is not on bpm sync, it works fine.

Thanks for posting the video, it was helpful to see everything that was happening and recreate.

I'll make a ticket, and we'll fix it for 6.0.10.
I am happy and relieved to see it's not my personal jinx between R6 and me but a general bug that really exists :lol:
Looking forward to the update and turning BPMsync off for the moment when I use autopilot is a small workaround that's easy to do, thank you!