advanced output, wrong resolution

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
krhodes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

advanced output, wrong resolution

Post by krhodes »

resolume_issue.jpg
Running resolume 6.0.1 on a custom built machine. Going display port into a novastar 4k. Resolume see's the output as 3840x2160, however when I select it in advanced output it says its a 1280x720 output. This is causing some crappy looking visuals. I changed output to another 4k (LG 4K monitor) and when selecting it under advanced output it keeps it at 3840x2160. Not sure how to fix this. Thoughts???

krhodes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: advanced output, wrong resolution

Post by krhodes »

well I might have found my own answer - I am pretty sure that windows is "scaling" the output (like when you can make the os scale the windows larger) and I think that may be affecting it. Unfortunately my show site is dark until thursday due to a conflict of events but I am hoping that is it!

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Same here. These values are always somewhat fantastic and don't show the real output's resolution.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

yup. check your windows AND nvidia scaling properties (if the later applies)

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

krhodes wrote:well I might have found my own answer - I am pretty sure that windows is "scaling" the output (like when you can make the os scale the windows larger) and I think that may be affecting it. Unfortunately my show site is dark until thursday due to a conflict of events but I am hoping that is it!
This is 100% the issue and catches people when they upgrade from windows 7 to 10. ALOT(Me included!). Its a windows thing and something resolume can't really bypass.