R6 Media Manager doesn't work

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
jordibouman
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: R6 Media Manager doesn't work

Post by jordibouman »

I might have found the reason why my Media Manager wasn't working last weekend.

I had to work of a media server in a club last weekend so I made a collect of my laptop. All my content on the laptop was on the C drive, the server needed all the content on the D drive. Whatever I tried, it wouldn't load the content into my new composition. I moved all the content of my laptop from the C ro the D drive to "recreate" the problem, and also on my laptop it wouldn't load the content again.

Hope it helps :)

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Bought a new notebook.
Copied all my R6 compositions and content to the new notebook.
The content directory tree is the same but for one major difference: the drive letter.
Before I had all located in drive C. Now content is in drive D.
I wish I could just type in a new drive letter for the entire content.
It would be better than watching media manager screw up with most my decks.

1. Ignored many files in the same dir;
2. Replaced many many files with the wrong content***

*** I believe that one I might be able to suggest what have happened and perhaps it is something you may fix in near future.

Most of my content filenames are numbered, but separated by subject. For instance...
/noise/001.mov
/noise/002.mov
/noise/003.mov
/colorfull/001.mov
/colorfull/002.mov
/colorfull/003.mov

So each deck has a different theme as above, but mostly the same filenames.
Media manager replaced alll numbered files in ALL MY DECKS with the first set of numbered files it had found, meaning all numbered files from the first deck were copied and replaced to all other decks, ignoring directories.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

@jordibouman
I'll have a look at this.

@pfelberg
Media manager's relocate doesn't look at the path/folder names, only the file names.
So if you have content named like this, what you're seeing is pretty much what I'd expect.

There would be the possibility to implement a function into MM that would ask you if duplicate file names have been found, and which of them you'd like to reconnect to which.
Or MM could be made smarter if duplicates are found to look at the parent folder names.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Foresight

Post by Foresight »

Media Manager is just not doing its job for me. When I try to locate one file, it refresh's the UI once I had shown it where the file is located but the file never re links in the deck.

Same issue when I try to locate all, Direct the media manger to a folder to look for files, it begins to search, then refresh's the UI but no files are re linked...
"The earth without art is just eh"

Nocturnal.nz

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Foresight wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 09:20 Media Manager is just not doing its job for me. When I try to locate one file, it refresh's the UI once I had shown it where the file is located but the file never re links in the deck.

Same issue when I try to locate all, Direct the media manger to a folder to look for files, it begins to search, then refresh's the UI but no files are re linked...
Is this with a composition that comes from a different OS?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Foresight

Post by Foresight »

Yea, Comp was made on Mac OSX and I was trying to relink on my PC.. Is this a known issue?
"The earth without art is just eh"

Nocturnal.nz

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yes, it is.
Will be fixed in the next release.