Sound in ?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sblurg
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Sound in ?

Post by sblurg »

I have a multi input ouput soundcard, how can I get sound in resolume ?
all players I have (winamp, real, mediaplayer, quickplayer) output on 1&2 but it's not detected by resolume

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i use the mic-input on my laptop works great.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

For the audio analyser in Resolume to work properly you need to have your audiodevce and volumes setup correctly. To do this open the 'Sounds and Audio Devices' in the Control Panel. then on the Audio tab select the correct default device for sound recording. Then click on the 'Volume..' button to set the volumes of the recording device. Now select the source for the audio that you want resolume to analyse and set it,s volume to maximum. If you do not know what source you need or you need multiple sources then it's safe to just select 'Stereo Mix' and set that volume to maximum.

sblurg

Post by sblurg »

yes I've done that, the volume is on max, but there's only a microphone input available, whereas my sound card has 8 inputs on a separate rack. I was hoping resolume could get what is being played in winamp (and all other players) for instance, rather than having to take the 1&2 outputs and hardwire them in the cheap microphone input that's on the PCI card.
Anyone with a STAudio DSP 2000 ?

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Some pro soundcards cannot monitor their output and present it as a line-in.

For example, the Echo indigo io can receive an external source, and present it to software as line-in, but if you are playing something *out* on the Indigo, it can't be monitored by other software in the same way as Stereo Mix or Wave Out in the Windows mixer.

Same deal with the M-Audio FW Audiophile.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Only way to get sound in for me is to wire output 1&2 to input 1&2 :(

sblurg

Post by sblurg »

oops, that was me.