MIDI Velocity not following

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Flaket
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MIDI Velocity not following

Post by Flaket »

Hy,

I working n a APC40 MKII midi mapping.

I've map a whole bunch of button to "selected layer, clip x , connect", I've also assigned a few different color for each of the 5 states. when I click to launch the layer, it change to the right color state. But when I click to select an other layer , the colors are not following.

It works for the rotating button that I've assigned to different effect, they following the layer, but not for the clip buttons.

I don't know if it's a bug or if I miss something, I precise that when I click "edit midi" it auto update the state and the colors are so following

Here is the xml file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozqtny3jt668w ... 0.xml?dl=0

for those who's interested, I'll make a post with the final one and a Explaining PDF during the holiday's

thank's for your feedback

Daniel
Team Resolume

Re: MIDI Velocity not following

Post by Daniel »

Hey Flaket,

We've looked into the issue and yes; it is not working while you expect it to work. I've made a ticket and we are going to look into it. Thx for letting us know.
Last edited by Daniel on Tue Dec 19, 2017 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

it is not working while you expect it

Flaket

Post by Flaket »

Daniel wrote:Hey Flaket,

We've looked into the issue and yes; it is not working while you expect it to work. I've made a ticket and we are going to look into it. Thx for letting us know.
Thank's for the ticket.

As you can see, there a lot of button doing the same thing; to map the velocity out to each I edited the XML file, is there an other way into Resolume to copy/paste the velocity from one button to an other?

Flaket

Post by Flaket »

Up and new question :

Is there a way to map a combination of button?

Id' like to have a button to launch a clip and have the ability to have the same button + shift to preview this clip.

I don't find the option in Resolume, but should be possible in the XML file I guest (Or else there no sense to have "shift" button on midi controller)

thank's

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

Flaket wrote:Up and new question :

Id' like to have a button to launch a clip and have the ability to have the same button + shift to preview this clip.

I don't find the option in Resolume, but should be possible in the XML file I guest (Or else there no sense to have "shift" button on midi controller)

thank's
Sadly not possible right now.

Flaket

Post by Flaket »

Daniel wrote:
Flaket wrote:Up and new question :

thank's
Sadly not possible right now.
All right, I'll be patient. And what about the copy/paste velocity state?