Issue in R6 - file playback freezes for a moment

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Issue in R6 - file playback freezes for a moment

Post by Warspite »

Hello again.
I have another issue with R6.
Sometimes, when i switch columns, playback freezes for 0,25 of a second and then playback goes as normal. More active layers in column - more chances.
And today i had bigger freeze - for a second or so.
Well, we all remebmer this freezes from hdd-times. Especially, if drive already parked heads - freeze can be painfull.
But i use only ssd - both for system and media. What is interesting - if you switch decks frequently - problem does not appear. If you leave it for 20 seconds - you can get freeze. It looked like ssd or sata link goes to some sleeping state.
I was thinking that its new some kind of power saving - i disabled all what was possible - including dipm. I switched sata modes from ide to ahci and to raid. Updated all dirvers. Then i replaced X99 controller to external PCIe (old one with speed limit cap at 150mb/s, but functional). And problem becomes even bigger - R6 started to crash. So i thought about new engine in R6.
I rebult same composition in R5 - no issue - smooth switches from deck to deck.
I cannot insist that it is bug inside R6, but for me this problem apeared only in R6 and everything is butter smooth in R5.
I use X99-6850k build with two 2GB Crucial MX300 SSDs and Geforce1080. I saw this problem in 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3.

janhein
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Issue in R6 - file playback freezes for a moment

Post by janhein »

Hello,

Do you already have a solution for it?
I have the same problem.
Also when the clip stops playing, the fps are dropped down.

Thanks.
Jan Hein

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

What kind of files do you use,( mp4, dxv, png?), resolution?
How many playing layers are we talking here?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

Only DXV normal, 1920x1080 mostly. It can give me fk even on 1 file and 1 layer. Windows 10.
Temporarily returned to Arena 5 because of this and to compare behavior. It looks like it is R6, not hardware related.