Arena 6.0.3 crash on restart

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Arena 6.0.3 crash on restart

Post by Oaktown »

I currently have Arena 6.0.3 installed on two 2017 Macbook Pro with AMD Radeon Pro 560 and one NUC with Nvidia 1080GTX and I've been having issues opening Arena on one of the MBP where it crashes during the startup,

I have gone through all the various steps to fix the problem (trash config file, reinstall 6.0.3 and roll back to older version) but I still can't open Arena. I'm attaching the log file and the screenshot that I can take when I'm able to hang the process (it usually just crashes). Arena 6.0.3 opens fine on the same computer if I switch users.
Attachments
Resolume Arena 6 log.txt.zip
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
Screenshot 2018-01-02 10.40.52.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6.0.3 crash on restart

Post by Zoltán »

The log file stops at Creating the Opengl Contexts, which may not be the last thing Resolume does.
Have tried to rename the whole Resolume Arena 6 folder in Documents?
If you can get it to start this way, please send us the whole folder zipped, and don't forget to sent the bugsplat report.
(The recordings are not needed to keep the zip small)
You should also get a system notification of the crash, and a crash log created in /Users/yourUser/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports this file could also give some insight of what happens.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VITAartBR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VITAartBR »

I have the same problem when some other software is using the computer's usb audio card.
Sometimes when rendering a video through "Adobe Encore CC" the video drops the FPS, and sometimes Arena6. Rendering directly through AfterEffects, this never happened.
Bruno Vita Pintucci / bruno@vita.art.br / www.vita.art.br
#VITAartBR | São Paulo - SP | Florianópolis - SC | BRAZIL
VeeJaying | Stage Design | Video Mapping | 3D Motion Graphics
www.facebook.com/vita.art.br www.instagram.com/vitaartbr

TopTeerDesigns
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by TopTeerDesigns »

PLease help! Im having a similar issue. Resolume 6 simply will not even boot. Keeps getting stuck in "Not Responding". Ive clean deleted, reinstalled all versions, cleared document folders, and im not experimenting with legacy video card drivers. Nvidia GTX1080. MSI laptop, and yes I have already deleted Nehimk. WHAT IS GOING ON!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Meptik
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Meptik »

So one one Windows machine -
- We deleted all project documents in the folder. It then booted V6 fine.
On the second machine:
- We made a visitor user account, and it booted, BUT the 'Arena 6' welcome dialogue will not go away now, even when minimizing.

Still trying to figure out the inconsistency. Not sure what caused this in the first place considering that a month ago our machines ran fine. Just booted up this weekend and it's doing this.

Thanks -

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you're having startup problems which are not resolved by deleting the Documents folder, it's best to drop us a line via mail@resolume.com. You're probably experiencing something hardware or setup specific which we cannot resolve quickly on the forum.