R6 - Avermedia?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ddgarcia
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

R6 - Avermedia?

Post by ddgarcia »

Hello Guys!

I've bought some time ago without any research ( problably the biggest mistake) a capture card, Avermedia - Live Gamer Extreme , capture card.
I know ( later) that with res5 it was not compatible...

However, tried on 6, and all the menus have already buttons and submenus, however im still having a bad time triyng to get something out of it. Outside resolume i have stable captured content, in resolume I always get the logo from avermedia saying "Adjust to supported resolution", it's tricky because in fact it is capturing that message, but not the content I am sending to it.

Is Avermedia already compatible with Res6?
Any future touch on that? :shock: :shock:

Maybe I should look for a decent capture card?

Thanks,
André

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: R6 - Avermedia?

Post by Zoltán »

How does the clip properties look like for that card, do you get the option to change the resolution?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Avermedia has HDMI in & Out... is there any screen conected to the Output?

Reason i ask is the Edid managmend of the source inside the card. They are build for capturing a signal in the middle of a conection and not only for capturing.

So try to plug in a screen to the output and tell us all if something is changing...

Thanks.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

ddgarcia

Post by ddgarcia »

Zoltán wrote:How does the clip properties look like for that card, do you get the option to change the resolution?
You even got submenus for that card, change card resolution etc...but it all ends in an error. I would say that resolume is not compatible with it but what's making me mad, is that it detects even on the output monitor the card, but the error message. ( Pics below)

Outside resolume as i said, no errors, just what i am capturing. Any future support on that? :P 4

The menus and submenus:
AV_menus.png

No signal, however, it captured that no signal message through the card ( see the Avermedia Logo), the error usually is to change the resolution ( when on resolume), but the menu has the option, but does not allow to do it
(the right pic is the output monitor inside resolume cropped)
AV_notanysigna.png

ddgarcia

Post by ddgarcia »

He2neg wrote:Avermedia has HDMI in & Out... is there any screen conected to the Output?

Reason i ask is the Edid managmend of the source inside the card. They are build for capturing a signal in the middle of a conection and not only for capturing.

So try to plug in a screen to the output and tell us all if something is changing...

Thanks.
Thanks for the answer, unfortunately didn't work :roll:
I just think resolume doesn't support it

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We have a ticket for this, we'll se what we can do. #10350
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

I have much the same issues with my Avermedia Extreme Cap U3 for years and there are already some threads about Avermedia cards and Resolume on the forum.
I stoped bothering you guys with the subject when Joris stated that Avermedia cards were not in the road to be supported by Resolume.

It is nice that you have opened a ticket to take a look at it. Thank you!

VITAartBR

Post by VITAartBR »

You have to use a program to receive the signal from the board, and then transfer to the resolume via SPOUT or NDI, I use the VMIX (www.vmix.com) for this, but it has other options.

Bruno Vita Pintucci / bruno@vita.art.br
Phone +55 (11) 3230-7450 / (48) 99979-9802 <Voz> / (11) 96210-5881 <WhatsApp>
Skype - bruno.pintucci / Facebook - www.facebook.com/bruno.pintucci
LinkedIn Perfil - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bruno-vita- ... 53/716/802
#VITAartBR | São Paulo - SP | Florianópolis - SC
São Paulo/SP - (11) 96210-5881 / Florianópolis/SC - (48) 99979-9802
Blumenau/SC - (47) 99103-4218 / Teresina/PI - (86) 98188 6818
VeeJaying | Stage Design | Video Mapping | 3D Motion Graphics
Facebook - www.facebook.com/vita.art.br / Instagram - www.instagram.com/vitaartbr
Site/Portfólio: www.vita.art.br
Bruno Vita Pintucci / bruno@vita.art.br / www.vita.art.br
#VITAartBR | São Paulo - SP | Florianópolis - SC | BRAZIL
VeeJaying | Stage Design | Video Mapping | 3D Motion Graphics
www.facebook.com/vita.art.br www.instagram.com/vitaartbr

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Hello.
I have input in six different threads concerning Avermedia capture devices and Resolume, back from 2011.
Once in a while there is a new discussion on the matter and I make some more tests and tests. I never had success so I was allways very frustrated about it.

So today I decided to test it once again and connected my Avermedia Extreme Cap U3 (Full HD 60fps) to my notebook and started Arena.

Surprise!!!! After seven years Resolume Arena seems to fully support it!!! It was mostly like plug and play, loading the source and finding the proper resolution range from the video input. And presto!
I am so excited that tomorrow I am going to try it in a real gig and check the speed and output quality.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Resolume Team, for making this happen!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Paulo

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds great Paulo, thanks for letting us know!