Advanced output display selection different after restarting PC

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Cosmiclab
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Advanced output display selection different after restarting PC

Post by Cosmiclab »

yochee wrote:I think I have had this problem for a long time. My trick is to fire up a colored windows backround so that all projectors are recognizing the incoming video signal. 10 secs after they set themselves accordingly to the incoming signal (usually some OSD stuff is showing up) I start Resolume.

I think its more a proble of consumer projectors. Even worse is the problem when disconnecting a cable during a show and reconnecting, usually the video output is moved a few (2-3) pixels to the left or the image is a little bit (2-3) pixel less wide. Trick to get back to the right resolution is to not save anything (= not save wrong display calibration) and restart the computer. I had this problem with my last 3 laptops
Thanks Yochee, but this isn't a solution in our case. We verified windows has recognized all projectors at the right resolution, before starting Resolume. Also Resolume is set to start after a 60 second delay after PC startup, allowing lots of time for projectors and signals etc to be stable.
We never had this problem in Resolume 5, only in 6. So I think its something to do with Resolume not always getting a consistent display ID from Windows. Either because of a Resolume 6 bug, or due to weirdness from an update in Windows 10.

bertiesampson
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by bertiesampson »

I am getting the same problem on Arena 6.1.3 on Windows 10 with a AMD WX9100 graphics card using 4 identical Epson projectors (EB-G7900U).

This issue happens every time I restart the server or projectors.

Using madmapper I get exactly the same behavior which leads me to think its something to do with windows 10 mixing up the display ID's. Although in the display settings on windows they have consistently been the same Id and always identify as the same display number.

Emulating the EDID's of the projectors on the card sorts it out.

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

Quadro cards have been stable for me on startups. They keep their displays in place. I have seen it change and maybe this is a Windows Update (turn that off in Registry). If the displays have a different EDID, saving the EDID to a file (NVidia topology) can also help. Otherwise, we are at the mercy of Windows display configurations. I'm sure there is a way to make it static and not change but haven't heard anything yet. I guess this is another good reason to use a Datapath FX4, you can get by with just x2 displays (monitor and projectors).

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

What connectors are you using? HDMI, DP, DVI?