NDI for Mac integration

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Willum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

NDI for Mac integration

Post by Willum »

Hi!
I've downloaded the NDI Tools package at the newtek website, but since I work on mac it contains only
NDI for Adobe Creative Cloud
NDI Studio Monitor
NDI Scan Converter
and I can't get it to work in A6.

Since my resolume buddies in real life only work on PC, I'm stuck!

Anyone who can help me to set it up?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: NDI for Mac integration

Post by Arvol »

You should be good. I was using NDI for OSX on Resolume V5 years ago.

Scan converter will act like Syphoner (just grabs screens or app's, it's whatever you tell it to grab)

Studio monitor is a great tool for testing connections.

The only thing you're really missing out on is the VLC plugin. Other than that, you have what you need.

Open up scan converter and have it grab your desktop.

Open up studio monitor and make sure that you can see your source from studio monitor. If you can, just go to sources in Resolume V6 and you should now see your NDI source at the bottom of the list.

One thing I did notice about 6 months ago, If you don't have an active network connection, NDI might flake out on you.
I was on site using scan converter to grab a twitter webpage source to embed and throw onto IMAG and when 60,000 people showed up, the bandwidth went to hell and I lost connection, NDI stopped working. Could have been a few things, but that is what made sense to me.
So for your testing. Make sure you have an active network connection just for fun.

Also, double check all your firewall settings as this is a known issue for a lot of people.

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by chenthemagician »

Hey I would also add if you can, avoid running NDI over wifi, it will work over 10/100 hard wire ethernet network...if you have the funds get a 8 port gigabit switch and you will be golden....used it with wifi and there was lag, used it on 10/100 switch and the lag was barely noticeable but worked for what i was doing, but if i had a gigabit switch it would have been close to zero latency at that point....

my 2 cents
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

Willum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Willum »

Dear Arvol and Chenthemagician, thank you so much for your input. And my apologies for my late response. The flu kicked me of my feet around that time and later I forgot my post.... :oops:

I got it running now thanks to Arvol's tips, great! But also Chen's view I definitely keep in mind when things get out of hand i need something more stable.

Resolume Forum for President!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »