Another MSI laptop with issues :/

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kru$l
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Another MSI laptop with issues :/

Post by Kru$l »

I had the same issue on MSI GE63 Raider 8RF RGB. When using external output (HDMI or DP) the screen going in white and Resolume freezing. Windows 10 (1803) with the latest Intel and Nvidia video drivers. I can't install Windows 7 cause hardware and other software issues. The trick with change main screen working, but it's very harmful when needed add new content on fly. I find the temporary solution: run Resolume, go to output, click on main ( not external display) WINDOWED, and than just drag and drop by mouse output window to the external screen. Then use fine tunning with keyboard's arrow keys.
But I wont to know, who make this trouble: Intel, Nvidia, MSI, Microsoft or Resolume?
Other softwares works fine (besides Arkaos GrandVJ freezing when I use "Force resolution" options). So, this is not Intel's, Nvidia's or Microsoft's issue. I have an another MSI laptops GE72 7rg and GE62 7rg and they working fine with Resolume 6. So this is, probably, not MSI's issue.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

Read the rest of the topic maybe ?

Kru$l

Post by Kru$l »

I have find solution for MSI GE63 Raider 8RF. Nahimic was reborn by MSI coders. Now this is only app from windows store (just user Interface). So deleting of it doesn't bring any result. First of all, I updated a drivers for video, installed latest Windows updates, removed Nahimic software, !!!disabled Nahimic service!!!, rebooted. ...Magic...

Eizhe

Post by Eizhe »

I'm having the same problem on my MSI GS73 Stealth 8RF, running Windows 10 Home Single Language, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.492. When activating display on external monitor, resolume always freeze and then crash. Doing the monitor swap workaround (like mentioned by Joris) does the trick, I haven't tried to go back to windows 7.
Kru$l wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 20:01 I have find solution for MSI GE63 Raider 8RF. Nahimic was reborn by MSI coders. Now this is only app from windows store (just user Interface). So deleting of it doesn't bring any result. First of all, I updated a drivers for video, installed latest Windows updates, removed Nahimic software, !!!disabled Nahimic service!!!, rebooted. ...Magic...
This sadly doesn't give me the magic..

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Eizhe wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 09:50
Kru$l wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 20:01 removed Nahimic software, !!!disabled Nahimic service!!!, rebooted. ...Magic...
This sadly doesn't give me the magic..
That's because having Nahimic installed produces a different issue, which is very similar to the Optimus bug this thread is mainly about.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Still no fix in sight ? I'm going to reformat my win7 msi laptop , hoped there is a reason to install win 10 again if this is solved.

Otherwise i'll make a tut how to install win7 on these machines which claim to not support win 7

Craig_92

Post by Craig_92 »

Hi,

I have been Following this post and I was looking to get MSI Raider GE73VR with a 1070 as it on sale. I however am guessing everyone is still having issues with their machines? Recommend avoiding it or?

cursorama

Post by cursorama »

Joris wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:58 The problem is not linked to a specific laptop brand, GPU model or driver revision. It seems to affect people randomly across the board.

You'll want to bypass Optimus. So you can either:
- disable it in BIOS
- go back to Win 7
- do the monitor swap workaround. You can set your secondary output as your main display, start Resolume and drag it back to your laptop display. It will then work normally. This is pretty far from ideal during show though.

While the monitor swap workaround fixes things to some extend, windows functions like alt-tab, and new applications show up on the external monitor. Risky!

Seems like, doing the monitor swap and setting up resolume, and then swapping monitors back while resolume is running works. Yet to test this setup for a long duration/performance, but seems like the answer I've been looking for.

Acer Predator Helios 300 user

aeldryn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by aeldryn »

Hi there,
I also bought MSI GS65 Stealth and had several problems with Resolume.
Problem with advanced output freezing I have solved by uninstalling Nahimic and this MSI RGB Software.. From that time I had no problems with freezing.
Im just now only playing with fps to have it high as possible to be able to cap it at 60 in Resolume(same as output projector to have no sync issues) as far as this seems to work better that leaving Vsync on in nvidia which tends to have more performance problem
My best results so far are: Nvidia Vsync off, Performace set to maximum and Maximum prerendered frames 4.
Geforce 1070 Max-q
Windows 10 1803
Nvidia 398.35 - I have tried to update it to the latest via nvidia Experience to version 411.63 but that gave me significant fps drop so I rolled back to 398.35

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

A couple of weeks ago we tried again installing win10 and resolume on my friends MSI apache with a gtx 1070, which had the same white freeze optimus issue .
Clean install of everything , latest intel & nvidia drivers , and it works !

So we tried this out a bit and it seems stable , normal expected fps and it is running of the gpu.
Dragging the advanced window around , whatever we tried to trigger it didn't affect resolume at all. Nice !

Now my turn :D
i made a new partition on the main drive of my msi gs63vr stealth pro with a gtx1070 max q .
Installed windows 10 on the partition , intel drivers , just the nvidia driver not geforce experience (driver version 416.34) , resolume and it works !

Ive been trying to make resolume crash or recause the issue for some time now and it seems perfectly fine, no more white screens !
I connected one projector at 1080p60 , pushed a lot of full hd dxv clip layers and fx until gpu was showing 70% load , intel graphics was showing 30% , fps around 20 what seems fair now i know this laptop using it with win 7 for a lot of gigs.

Early to say for sure, but it seems like the problem is solved ? Any one else gave it a (re)try lately ?