flash causes resolume crashing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ELGono
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

flash causes resolume crashing

Post by ELGono »

hi out there ....

since today i got a really strange prob. if i drag a flash (*.swf) file into a deck, resolume crashes at once .... this even happens if i use the standard flash-files coming with resolume. Reinstall of flashplayer7 didn't change anything ....
anybody of you got an idea?
happens with resolume 2.1 & 2.2

ELGono, clueless

ELGono
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ELGono »

oh forgot the necessary system specs :)

win XP SP1 + all patches (without SP2)
P4 HT Processor
Matrox P750
probs with *.swf

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Sounds much like a flash player problem. are the flash movies running in the standalone player?
did you change your system (hard- or software) since the last time flash films were running w/o problems?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yup must be flash-prob...

i installed complete new system 2 weeks ago, but with same software like on old system... even used the same installers.
i just went to office to test with a dell-laptop .. same problem too, resolume crashes at once while dragging *.swf files to a deck.
just one was playing out of the flash folder inside resolume... all the others from same folder crashed, too
was is odd to me, too: if i doubleclick a normal flash-file media-player-classic tries to open it and does nothing else than saying buffering 0% . if i open it with mozilla, it playes without problems...

is there maybe another flashplayer to use?

ELGono

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well looks like i got it ....
i opened IE and went to a site wich req. flash-plugin.... although it was already installed it said need to install flash-player ... so i accepted and since then resolume plays *.swf files again....
odd, but now we know about that...
will try that with other PC, too (just did on laptop, wich crashed too)

ELGono
party on!!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thank you, it works !!!
Thanks a lot for this method, I was using firefox, and now with flash for IE, resolume dont crash anymore.