Connecting DMX to Arena 6 Problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dimasdwisaputra
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Connecting DMX to Arena 6 Problem

Post by dimasdwisaputra »

Hi,

I'm using Arena 6 on MacBook Pro, and I have a problem with connecting the DMX to the software. I am not using an enttec product, instead I bought one from a local manufacturer. I have followed the setup instructions that is written on the resolume website, such as changing the IPv4 address, but still found no luck with connecting it. It says "cannot find adapter en0". Do I have to install some kind of a driver in order to connect them, or what exactly do I have to do to solve this problem?

Thanks, your help will be very much appreciated!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Connecting DMX to Arena 6 Problem

Post by Arvol »

What is your exact hardware signal flow (Manufacture and Model). ie:
MBP>TB3 Ethernet Adapter (StarTech)>100' Cat6 Cable>Elation eNode8>First Light (Elation 5R Beam Extreme)

MBP IP: 2.0.0.1
Elation eNode IP: 2.0.0.2 (Port 1 set to Universe 1)
First Light (Elation 5R Beam Extreme) [Plugged into Port 1] DMX Address: 001

Could you also post a screenshot of your Fixture Profile, as well as your Advanced Output setting, Specifically your DMX Lumiverse Settings and your First DMX Fixture Settings?

Since you're on OSX I don't think it would be a Firewall issue, but if you're using Little Snitch or any other kind of Firewall application, could you list that as well?

Thanks

dimasdwisaputra

Arvol wrote:What is your exact hardware signal flow (Manufacture and Model). ie:
MBP>TB3 Ethernet Adapter (StarTech)>100' Cat6 Cable>Elation eNode8>First Light (Elation 5R Beam Extreme)

MBP IP: 2.0.0.1
Elation eNode IP: 2.0.0.2 (Port 1 set to Universe 1)
First Light (Elation 5R Beam Extreme) [Plugged into Port 1] DMX Address: 001

Could you also post a screenshot of your Fixture Profile, as well as your Advanced Output setting, Specifically your DMX Lumiverse Settings and your First DMX Fixture Settings?

Since you're on OSX I don't think it would be a Firewall issue, but if you're using Little Snitch or any other kind of Firewall application, could you list that as well?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. But I actually haven't gone to that part yet, the DMX that I have is My HD512 DMX USB, http://box.avldiy.cn/mybox/hd512/

I am not sure that this hardware is compatible with Mac and Arena. Here I will share with you the screenshots that I have taken after plugging in the hardware to my computer.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

dimasdwisaputra wrote:I am not sure that this hardware is compatible with Mac and Arena. Here I will share with you the screenshots that I have taken after plugging in the hardware to my computer.
I'm sure it's not supported, Resolume 6 doesn't support USB DMX devices.
With Resolume 6 you need to use ArtNet.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Well, the specs claim this:
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.44.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.44.png (10.72 KiB) Viewed 7951 times
Btw, those specs get really interesting a few lines down, where it looks like they claim their box works with Avolites, but only when it's cracked!
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.49.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.49.png (5.91 KiB) Viewed 7951 times
And the same goes for Clarity and Madrix, but I guess it's okay, because they didn't crack it
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.54.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.54.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 7951 times

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

I sometimes get this message when i load someone else's config.xml, or if the network adapter is disabled. Can you change the network adapter in the dmx preferences window?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Btw, those specs get really interesting a few lines down, where it looks like they claim their box works with Avolites, but only when it's cracked!

And the same goes for Clarity and Madrix, but I guess it's okay, because they didn't crack it

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I bought one of these years ago, just because the list of Lighting software cracked by hanhan was out of hand.

It’s kinda crazy, it does work with Titan, ma, ect.

But it always needs a program in between to function. For MA you needed to run a program that converted MA net to the box. The only way this is going to work is if he finds the artnet program(which you download off some sketchy Chinese FTP site) and then uses a loop back adapter from R6.

This is not a plug and play solution your going to need some manderain skills and decent technical knowledge to get this working and it’s gonna be hacky as fuuuuuuck. This should be a challenge project, not an actual solution for anything but boredom.

dimasdwisaputra

Joris wrote:Well, the specs claim this:
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 15.16.44.png
Menno wrote:I sometimes get this message when i load someone else's config.
drazkers wrote:I bought one of these years ago, just because the list of Lighting software cracked by hanhan was out of hand.
Zoltán wrote:I am not sure that this hardware is compatible with Mac and Arena. Here I will share with you the screenshots that I have taken after plugging in the hardware to my computer.
So which device should I use instead of the one I got, that is compatible with Arena 6 and IOS ?
Thank you for your help.. :D