Preview is cleared on clip trigger

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
joshuadmello
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Preview is cleared on clip trigger

Post by joshuadmello »

I know theres already a ticket for this but I just downloaded 6.0.6 and its still not fixed : (

Any updates?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Preview is cleared on clip trigger

Post by Zoltán »

We have worked on that, it works now as intended in the ticket I believe (#10003)
- Clip preview is cleared when a new clip is launched manually,
- unless you launch a clip via OSC, MIDI or DMX, AND have Update clip panels on external trigger disabled.
- Auto auto pilot doesn't clear preview any more,
- Layer, group and composition previews are not cleared.

How would you like the preview to behave when you launch a clip?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

I generally keep my live camera feed preview on so I can always check the shots I'm getting.

And I also use strobes on piano trigger.

So every time I hit the button on my controller for my piano trigger strobes the preview gets killed.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

joshuadmello wrote:So every time I hit the button on my controller for my piano trigger strobes the preview gets killed.
I think disabling the Update clip panel on external trigger in General Preferences would work for you to keep the preview in this case.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

Zoltán wrote:
joshuadmello wrote:So every time I hit the button on my controller for my piano trigger strobes the preview gets killed.
I think disabling the Update clip panel on external trigger in General Preferences would work for you to keep the preview in this case.
No man. Still gets cleared.

I just checked this out in Arena 5 and the preview stays. It seems like only 6 has this issue.

Any chance its going to get fixed?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

joshuadmello wrote:No man. Still gets cleared.
I just checked this out in Arena 5 and the preview stays. It seems like only 6 has this issue.
Could you send us your midi preset, and the composition?
I'd like to take a look, because when I uncheck the "Update clip panels on external triggers" checkbox in preferences, the preview is not cleared for me when I launch clips via midi.
Thanks!

edit:
Are your clips you trigger set to BPM sync? I see the preview disconnecting when I have a clips with auto pilot that are BMP synced.

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

Zoltán wrote:
joshuadmello wrote:No man. Still gets cleared.
Could you send us your midi preset, and the composition?
I'd like to take a look, because when I uncheck the "Update clip panels on external triggers" checkbox in preferences, the preview is not cleared for me when I launch clips via midi.
Thanks!

edit:
Are your clips you trigger set to BPM sync? I see the preview disconnecting when I have a clips with auto pilot that are BMP synced.
Not BPM sync. Its set to timeline. I mainly use this for piano trigger strobes. Here is a youtube link to show you what I mean. Excuse the water mark lol I just downloaded Arena on my work computer to record it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EMv0JxMh3c

In the above example I just mapped a key to the strobe piano trigger. But the same thing happens if I click click on the clip with the track pad.

-

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

@Zoltan.

DId you happen to get a chance to check this out?

Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yes,
the case in your video would be manually triggering a clip, where the expected behavior on our side is to have the Preview disconnected.

I assume you would like to keep the Preview, unless you explicitly clear the preview or select something other to preview right?

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

Zoltán wrote:Yes,
the case in your video would be manually triggering a clip, where the expected behavior on our side is to have the Preview disconnected.

I assume you would like to keep the Preview, unless you explicitly clear the preview or select something other to preview right?
Yes that's correct.

But the exact same thing happens if I trigger it via my MIDI controller.