Glitch at start playback clip

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Glitch at start playback clip

Post by Grimm90 »

When i start a clip which has an audio layer , it plays 5 frames and then restarts from frame 0 to fully play out.
If i strip the audio layer , the clip just starts without this 'stutter' . Happens in every clip , old comp , new comp , whatever layer.
I never had this issue before ?
Updated to latest Nvidia drivers & Resolume Arena 6 version , running on win7 x64 from m2 ssd.
What could it be ..

Grimm90

Re: Glitch at start playback clip

Post by Grimm90 »

wop and another weird issue this weekend's gig .

Selected a lot of clips , put them on autopilot 'next' (not on the layer).
Then was manually retriggering clips 1 on layer 1 - 2 - 3 in group 1 by just pressing the thumbnail , not via column.
After doing this a couple of times , the clip keeps looping and the autopilot doesn't work anymore .
It's still configured on 'next clip' , it just doesn't do it .
If i start clips in column 2 , and then i restart clips in column 1 , autopilot is fine again.

And Resolume crashed once while i was recording , but i was overdoing it , what's the max record cap in some sort of definition ? it's linker to vram usage , regular ram ? Where does it max out and how to avoid this ?
I know it's not meant for really recording your set lets say , just for making short clips but still it's nice to be able to record 1 minute or so :/

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

When i start a clip which has an audio layer , it plays 5 frames and then restarts from frame 0 to fully play out.
If i strip the audio layer , the clip just starts without this 'stutter' . Happens in every clip , old comp , new comp , whatever layer.
I never had this issue before ?
Updated to latest Nvidia drivers & Resolume Arena 6 version , running on win7 x64 from m2 ssd.
What could it be ..
Could you maybe send a mail to mail@resolume.com? I would love to try to take a look at one of the files you are using.
Grimm90 wrote:wop and another weird issue this weekend's gig .

Selected a lot of clips , put them on autopilot 'next' (not on the layer).
Then was manually retriggering clips 1 on layer 1 - 2 - 3 in group 1 by just pressing the thumbnail , not via column.
After doing this a couple of times , the clip keeps looping and the autopilot doesn't work anymore .
It's still configured on 'next clip' , it just doesn't do it .
If i start clips in column 2 , and then i restart clips in column 1 , autopilot is fine again.

And Resolume crashed once while i was recording , but i was overdoing it , what's the max record cap in some sort of definition ? it's linker to vram usage , regular ram ? Where does it max out and how to avoid this ?
I know it's not meant for really recording your set lets say , just for making short clips but still it's nice to be able to record 1 minute or so :/
And here the same, I would love to see the composition file you are using.

Recording shouldn't cause a crash. Didn't resolume bring up a bugsplat crash report? Or did you crash directly to desktop?

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

im gonna try to get back at this & upload the comp , moving house atm so busyyy

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

I'm finding the same issue (Arena 6.0.7, Windows 10 64bit, Quadro P4000).

When in autopilot, a solution I've used is to set the clips to "play once". When on loop I get a glitch: a future frame is flashed for a split second before starting at clip beginning. This helped for a bit but the glitch came back. Second solution was to put empty cells between my movie clips.

That was one machine. Currently, on a different more robust machine we are seeing it again. I'll have to check of they are audio embedded clips only but same glitch as before except worse: plays about 5 frames then starts from beginning. Current solution: restart Resolume. This helps for time being. Not sure when this glitch starts causing issues.

Another issue I'm seeing: when we close Resolume, there is still a Resolume process running so it won't open again until I kill this process.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

massta wrote:When in autopilot, a solution I've used is to set the clips to "play once". When on loop I get a glitch: a future frame is flashed for a split second before starting at clip beginning.
So is with looped clips or play once clips?
Or do you mean the auto pilot starting over playing clips which have already played once?

Are you using DXV or mp4? We have an ticket open regarding mp4s behaving like this, we're working on that.
massta wrote:Another issue I'm seeing: when we close Resolume, there is still a Resolume process running so it won't open again until I kill this process.
Should be fixed in the next release.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

QuanTize
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by QuanTize »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 09:36
massta wrote:When in autopilot, a solution I've used is to set the clips to "play once". When on loop I get a glitch: a future frame is flashed for a split second before starting at clip beginning.
So is with looped clips or play once clips?
Or do you mean the auto pilot starting over playing clips which have already played once?

Are you using DXV or mp4? We have an ticket open regarding mp4s behaving like this, we're working on that.
massta wrote:Another issue I'm seeing: when we close Resolume, there is still a Resolume process running so it won't open again until I kill this process.
Should be fixed in the next release.
As I can see the issue isn't solved? Bought Avenue 7.1.0 and still there're "frame flashed for a split second before starting at clip beginning". The flashed frame is a half second of the start sequence. It comes when I'm playing just a part of the movie and by jumping between the clips. mp4 or mov or without audio makes all no difference. It´s problematic - with this glitch I can´t use it for our live shows....

Any solutions?
Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

QuanTize wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 20:17 The flashed frame is a half second of the start sequence. It comes when I'm playing just a part of the movie and by jumping between the clips. mp4 or mov or without audio makes all no difference.
Try converting your footage to DXV with Alley: https://resolume.com/support/en/conversion-with-alley
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

massta

Post by massta »

Thanks for posting your issue with Avenue 7.
Thought I was the only crazy one. Surprised no one else has seen this glitch.

I was using Arena 5 during issues. Always had DXV clips.
When I updated to Arena 6, problems went away.
Maybe try Avenue 6?

Keep us posted.

massta

Post by massta »

I spoke too soon. Maybe my loooonng fades to black helped hide it but not with this project:

I'm running the latest Arena 6 and still seeing this glitch. A frame is flashed before next clips starts. I really really wished this was fixed by now. It is very obvious when clips are fading to black and then FLASH, a random frame of the last video. I'm using DXV3.

Any status on this? I have clips pausing at end of play. Nothing is helping here.