Arena 6.0.7.60787 Dont load Media / freeze

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6.0.7.60787 Dont load Media / freeze

Post by Zoltán »

garedunord.ch wrote:Reporter Dialog/Feedback is not possible since this computer has no internet connection. There's no internet at our control booth... May I can send you the log file via Mail or just attach it here?
You can send the logs via email or attach here to a post if you'd like. This hang does not log any lines unfortunately.

If there is no internet in your booth where you run Resolume 6 keep an eye out on the 30 day license check period.

As to the issue in this topic, looks like it will be fixed in the next release.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Supernova
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Supernova »

Thank goodness for this forum. I am prebuilding a show today and was having the weirdest problem where when I loaded the media the certain clips would freeze up and resolume would basically lock up until I did a full task manager restart. My best guess was that something was up with the encoding (dxv3 HQ no alpha, 360x720 @59.97). I was about to start re-encoding everything, which would really suck. But thanks to somebody mentioning the virtual audio having something to do with it I decided to check that (I don't have my external audio device connected today since I am just pre-programming). I left it set to the virtual Asio4all v2 device, but bumped the sample rate down to 44100 and suddenly the files are loading and playing. I have a lot more programming to do today, so I will add to this if I see the problem return.

Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Update: the solution of changing the audio device did not hold out forever. After loading a number of videos, the behavior expressed itself again. New video only loaded half way, and everything else locked up. Does anyone know what the best solution is right now? a roll back to 6.0.5 perhaps?

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

Same problem here... But I am running an iMac 27 with macOS High SIerra version 10.13.4.

Resolume Arena 6.0.7.

Please, could somebody help me. I have a summit to work tomorrow and very nervous.

I have a Windows 10 pc with same issue... But lookng for advises on the iMac. Please, it's very important...

Best regards,

msarathf
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by msarathf »

Thank you so much Zoltán for you reply, One thing I can tell you I did not connect that laptop to the net for months as that is I am using for practice purpose .
Actually I notice "virtual audio having something to do with it" in the link you sent to me. If you can explain what I have to do with that highly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

msarathf wrote:Actually I notice "virtual audio having something to do with it" in the link you sent to me.
We suspected virtual audio drivers as the probable cause, but it looks like the issue happens also with hardware audio cards selected in preferences.

We're still working on this.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

r4f0

Post by r4f0 »

I had the same problem.
I use Mac, It happened in iMac Pro Vega 64 and also with Touchbar with RX580 in an EGPU.
It mostly happens when are many layers loaded and many clips, and I need to change the deck with similar amount of items, around 15 per layer with 14 layers comp.

Its not related to the GPU usage I think, because I did tests with all the layers without triggering any content. The problem occurs with the Deck loading the files or items.
The problem also persists decreasing the comp size, I think its related to the amount of layers, columns and items on the deck.
I tested the same project on a PC with RTX 2070 MQ with no issues and also the Deck load is faster and dont generate glitches.

I think the problem is located in the GUI refreshing and/or the file loading when a deck is changed. In Mac OS I can tell it takes much more time and effort to load. The CPU usage increase but not the GPU. When Arena crashes the CPU usage increase a lot, too much until I force quit the software. Also happened a few times that I needed to reboot the system because the whole OS crashed.

It happened in Arena 6 and 7. Some guidance will be appreciated.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Which Resolume version are you using?

What kind of sound device?
r4f0 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 04:58 Also happened a few times that I needed to reboot the system because the whole OS crashed.
The whole OS crashing points to a deeper issue than Resolume. Drivers all up to date?

r4f0

Post by r4f0 »

Arena 6.14 and 7.02
I will test in 7.04 I hope the problem is fixed because im selling the Imac :lol:

Im not using audio device.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

r4f0 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 18:58 Im not using audio device.
Also try selecting an audio output device in the Resolume Audio preferences.

Could be also something wrong with the EGPU setup.