Midi Mapping Bug

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Midi Mapping Bug

Post by Arvol »

In version 6.0.5 this still works, But as of 6.06 and 6.07 if you change a midi shortcut of a clip to "This Clip" rather than from "By Position" or any other option, the shortcut disappears and will not retain the mapping.

On a side note, Do you think under the Default tab in the app preferences, you could add a default mapping type? 99% of the time I always choose "This Clip, Layer, or Group" rather than by position. Having to change this on everything I map eats up a lot of time.

Thanks guys.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Midi Mapping Bug

Post by Zoltán »

Arvol wrote:In version 6.0.5 this still works, But as of 6.06 and 6.07 if you change a midi shortcut of a clip to "This Clip" rather than from "By Position" or any other option, the shortcut disappears and will not retain the mapping.
Which exact item is this that loses the shortcut?

Could you make a recording of how the "shortcut disappears" ?
Thanks!
On a side note, Do you think under the Default tab in the app preferences, you could add a default mapping type? 99% of the time I always choose "This Clip, Layer, or Group" rather than by position. Having to change this on everything I map eats up a lot of time.
Thanks guys.
We were thinking Resolume should remember the target type you last used.
We have a ticket for this. (#10600)

Would this work for you?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Thanks Zoltan! Sorry for the delayed reply, Busy time of year right now haha.

Here is a video of the issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xpi69xzub8pv ... ipOsa?dl=0

This seems to be happening on 6.07 and 6.06, but is working normal on 6.05 (see image in link above)

Hope this will help out with showing the bug.

Weird thing is, if you map said clip with a midi note (lets say) 9 times. it will show up as blank (as shown in the video), but when you revert back to 6.05 and go into your shortcuts, you will see all 9 instances of the mapping haha.

In regards to the default mapping type, that would be great! Any solution would be great for me and that one sounds like a more flexible option than hard set default.

Thanks again for the help :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Strange, it works for me with a new composition and a clip in layer 11.
Please send us your composition and the midi shortcut preset so we can take a look.
Thanks!

How is your Shortcut preset list sorted?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Comp should be in the same dropbox link as above.

Not sure on your question. Is "by default" a correct answer? haha.
This is a new hire's composition. I don't think he's gone outside of the normal for his programming. keeping it basic for now.

Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I tried your composition and I can map clip triggers to This clip fine with a new midi preset.
I guess there might be something odd in your midi preset file.
Could you upload it also?
Thanks!

The sorting "default" is a good answer, I was thinking, that maybe the shortcut jumps to a different position, and the paned doesn't follow it's position - thus looking like the shortcut's gone missing - but this works for me also.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I'll try to send it over in a few days when I get back home. Thanks for looking into it. It sounds like it's not a global bug, which is good to know :)

kclarkmusic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kclarkmusic »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 16:23
Thanks guys.
We were thinking Resolume should remember the target type you last used.
We have a ticket for this. (#10600)

Would this work for you?
+1 for this workflow feature. Please please please