APC mini loosing led feedback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
inzieye
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

APC mini loosing led feedback

Post by inzieye »

Hi,
I’ve bought Akai APC mini because R6 enables led feedback but it is unusable for me.
It looses feedback systematically with no reason.

Are there other users with same problem here?
Need to know if it’s a known problem or only my APC mini.

Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: APC mini loosing led feedback

Post by Zoltán »

inzieye wrote:It looses feedback systematically with no reason.
What are you doing in Resolume when the APC loses the feedback?

Are you able to control Resolume with the APC when the feedback is lost?

Any other apps running that might use the APC?

Please send us the Resolume log file, it might have some info about this.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Hi Zoltan,

Sometimes I can uncheck and check again the midi out box of the APC mini and then it works for few minutes and sometimes it doesn’t fix the problem. So I have to restart Resolume and feedback is ok for few minutes only.
Don’t need to unplug the APC.
When feedback is lost, I’m still able to control everything I mapped.
Tested with APC mini and Resolume only (maybe Box and Dropbox where running in background)

I will send you the log file as soon as possible.

Thanks

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Hi, this is the log file.
Resolume Arena 6 log.txt.zip
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
I'm still testing and I wonder what's the difference between Generic, Ableton Live and Alternate Ableton Live mode?
Today I had to unplug the APC mini to get feedback again.

Thank you.

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Does somebody have the same problem please?
Feedback with APC mini is unusable because of this problem.

Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Had a look a t the log file,
Does the APC lose the feedback when you have all you r midi gear connected, or does it lose the feedback also when it's the only midi device?

Please try a different USB cable on a different USB connector and see if it happens again.
Thanks!
You could also try the APC in a different program and if it loses the feedback too, then it could be a hardware issue.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Marvel Feranti
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Marvel Feranti »

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the APC mini and Arena 6. It looses LED feedback after a few minutes of playing. The buttons and sliders itself work fine though. Unplugging and plugging the USB cable resets the controller and lights come back on but it's a bit of a hassle to do that everytime it happens.

I have a very basic composition, just 8 or so clips on a layer placed in a group, the clips are mapped to the buttons of the APC mini and one slider is mapped to the speed slider of the group. I have tried different MIDI settings but so far i can't see a pattern other than the suspicion that adding a slider and using it while pressing the buttons is causing it.

earlier i send a feedback note and bug report but i thought posting it in the forum might help others fix this issue.

Nils :D

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Hi,

I did some tests (cables, USB hub,...) and the issue was the same until I test the APC with Ableton. As It was working like a charm in Ableton, I've tried with Resolume again and since this moment, I don't have the feedback problem anymore!! :o Magical!

But...

I was so confident that I decided to map all my devices for a full rig compo. And I've discovered an other problem, maybe not from Resolume but from the APC mini. Feedback is still OK but even if my different controllers are on different midi channels, APC reacts to other controllers mapped in Resolume. And so the lights are not corresponding to my config.
I have to deepen it.

I'll be back...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

inzieye wrote:Hi,
I did some tests (cables, USB hub,...) and the issue was the same until I test the APC with Ableton. As It was working like a charm in Ableton, I've tried with Resolume again and since this moment, I don't have the feedback problem anymore!! :o Magical!
Yeah, strange.
If you see your APC losing feedback mid session again, please open up the midi shortcut mapping before you do anything else and make a screenshot.
I wonder how it looks like.
But...
I was so confident that I decided to map all my devices for a full rig compo. And I've discovered an other problem, maybe not from Resolume but from the APC mini. Feedback is still OK but even if my different controllers are on different midi channels, APC reacts to other controllers mapped in Resolume. And so the lights are not corresponding to my config.
I have to deepen it.
I'll be back...
This happens because your other devices send midi on the same channels as the APC and Resolume doesn't check currently where the in coming message came from, and sends the feedback to all enabled outputs.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

sends the feedback to all enabled outputs.
It only sends back the same messages it receives though. If your controllers are really on different channels (ie sending different midi messages), you should not be getting 'crosstalk' between controllers.