Mapping Kontrol F1 Encoder Knob to Deck Next/Previous

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dsquareddan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Mapping Kontrol F1 Encoder Knob to Deck Next/Previous

Post by dsquareddan »

Hi i'm trying to wrap my head around mapping the Encoder knob on my Native Instruments Kontrol F1 so that when I scroll left or right, it will scroll thru my available decks. I've changed the MIDI message in the Native Instruments Controller Editor software to be Note (Relative) which gives me an option for <- and -> note values. In Resolume, if I map the Next or Previous button, they both get mapped the 2 different values appropriately. But when I go to scroll the knob, the Next, or Previous buttons in Resolume activate, but then do not deactivate. so I can only move one page, once, that's it.

As well, I don't know if this is possible, but the little LED display on the controller, is there any way I can have that correspond to which deck I have selected. Lets say I name my Decks 1, 2, 3, 4...and so forth. Is there a way I can have the LED display 1, 2, 3, 4 and so forth? I have also tried this, and while I can get the number to change if I assign the note to the Deck button, and change it's MIDI Out Velocity ON value to (example) 2, the display will say 2, but because the MIDI Out Velocity OFF value is set to 0, if I trigger another Deck name that I've named (example) 3, it won't change to that number. Any suggestions?

also, another side question for any other F1 owners. If I map the main 4x4 buttons to Clips, is there a way to have the MIDI Out Velocity be a different color depending on which layer the clip gets triggered to if I am in Active Layer for Clip Target?