Wishlist and Bugs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Wishlist and Bugs

Post by movebandit »

Hello Resolume Team,
heres a short list of things i noticed in my work and could be some useful minor and major changes for optimizing the workflow:

-BUG:Duplicating a Lumiverse doesn´t name it "name"+Copy
-WISH:Artnet Span one fixture over more Universes automatically
-WISH:Select more than one Lumiverse to Set Framerate, Brightness, Output etc
-WISH: Bring the Deck list back (When using a lot of Decks the Name of the Deck is not readable)
-WISH: set cue points midi out (For Colour feedback on Controller, Cuepoint set or empty)
-WISH:Tagging for files and decks (Set Tags and search for them, like colour, Style whatever)
-WISH:Be able to Delete file behind persistent clips
-WISH: Composition Browser: Close all Deck-Tabs
-WISH: When loading a Deck from Composition Browser, keep Cursor on Place (When compiling new compositions from old ones, i always have to scroll down again after loading a Deck)
-WISH: Select more than one Deck for Removal (ctrl or shift)
-WISH: Define Crossfade time and Style for single clips, not only a master time for the layer
-WISH: Define a loop repeat number or time for Autopilot
-WISH:Set a midi velocity mapping standard (for active colour feedback)
-WISH: Transform Parameters shown in percent, better show in pixel

more to follow....

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Wishlist and Bugs

Post by Zoltán »

movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-BUG:Duplicating a Lumiverse doesn´t name it "name"+Copy
Duplicating a Lumiverse adds a number to the end of the Lumiverse name. This is the same as a screen or slice duplicate works.
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57WISH:Select more than one Lumiverse to Set Framerate, Brightness, Output etc
Already possible with command + click.
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: Bring the Deck list back (When using a lot of Decks the Name of the Deck is not readable)
Are you looking for the Compositions panel?
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: set cue points midi out (For Colour feedback on Controller, Cuepoint set or empty)
Works with my APC 40 mk2.
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: When loading a Deck from Composition Browser, keep Cursor on Place (When compiling new compositions from old ones, i always have to scroll down again after loading a Deck)
This is actually a bug. We'll see what we can do. (#11331)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

movebandit

Post by movebandit »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 14:47
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-BUG:Duplicating a Lumiverse doesn´t name it "name"+Copy
Duplicating a Lumiverse adds a number to the end of the Lumiverse name. This is the same as a screen or slice duplicate works.

I was working with around 60 Lumiverses and they were named like C1.7.3 U54 S27a 3.4 (Controller1 Output7 Strip3 Universe 54 Stripnumber 27 Subnet 3 Universe 3)
When copying the lumiverse it doesn´t call it C1.7.3 U54 S27a 3.4 copy (which would be nice just to rename the parameters) but "Lumiverse 1"
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57WISH:Select more than one Lumiverse to Set Framerate, Brightness, Output etc

Would be fine to use CMD+A and SHIFT+click. Did you ever selected more than 30 Lumiverses by CMD + click... ? ;-)
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: Bring the Deck list back (When using a lot of Decks the Name of the Deck is not readable)

Nope. Under the Clip Panel, the actually loaded Decks are shown. When there are too much, the name is not readble. Solution in Res5 was a popup window with the actually loaded decks.
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: set cue points midi out (For Colour feedback on Controller, Cuepoint set or empty)

Doesn´t work as it could. The Status Velocity is only On and Off, but it would be helpful to have a Status like "Set" and "Empty", to directly see if an Cuepoint was saved or is empty.
movebandit wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:57-WISH: When loading a Deck from Composition Browser, keep Cursor on Place (When compiling new compositions from old ones, i always have to scroll down again after loading a Deck)

Nice!

Some new ones:
WISH: Implement the Fixtures in the saved Screensetup. When sending Screensetups as inputmaps for other VJs we always have to send the Fixtures additionaly. Wouldn´t it be easy to save them together with the Screensetup ?

WISH: Next Button ("N" ?) for selecting next Slice, Highlite Button ("H" ?) for switching selected Slice to White. Helpful, when working with a lot of Slices and Integrated in nearly every Light Console...

WISH: Switch Lumiverses from xx:Subnet xx:Universe to xxx:Universe (Some Controllers display only the decoded number of the Universe and not subnet /universe. Less Calculator use..

movebandit

Post by movebandit »

Another One: WISH:Move Persistent Files in actual Deck. Works with copy and paste, but could be a function in the menu...

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

movebandit wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 16:16
Zoltán wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 14:47

I was working with around 60 Lumiverses and they were named like C1.7.3 U54 S27a 3.4 (Controller1 Output7 Strip3 Universe 54 Stripnumber 27 Subnet 3 Universe 3)
When copying the lumiverse it doesn´t call it C1.7.3 U54 S27a 3.4 copy (which would be nice just to rename the parameters) but "Lumiverse 1"

Would be fine to use CMD+A and SHIFT+click. Did you ever selected more than 30 Lumiverses by CMD + click... ? ;-)

Nope. Under the Clip Panel, the actually loaded Decks are shown. When there are too much, the name is not readble. Solution in Res5 was a popup window with the actually loaded decks.

Doesn´t work as it could. The Status Velocity is only On and Off, but it would be helpful to have a Status like "Set" and "Empty", to directly see if an Cuepoint was saved or is empty.

Nice!

Some new ones:
WISH: Implement the Fixtures in the saved Screensetup. When sending Screensetups as inputmaps for other VJs we always have to send the Fixtures additionaly. Wouldn´t it be easy to save them together with the Screensetup ?

WISH: Next Button ("N" ?) for selecting next Slice, Highlite Button ("H" ?) for switching selected Slice to White. Helpful, when working with a lot of Slices and Integrated in nearly every Light Console...

WISH: Switch Lumiverses from xx:Subnet xx:Universe to xxx:Universe (Some Controllers display only the decoded number of the Universe and not subnet /universe. Less Calculator use..
It really helps me out having fixtures as a separate file In a logical file structure. Id personally not be into this.