Split Screen for Ads

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
FloHoehn
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Split Screen for Ads

Post by FloHoehn »

At the moment, we watch the WM 2018 through Resolum Arena at a Public Viewing LED Wall.
Now we want to Split the screen in the game for some moments to play some adds like you can see it on this picture:
http://www.ip.de/files/jpg10/Programsplit.jpg

One part of the screen should continue show the live TV and on the other part we want to play some adds from an other Layer of Resolum.

Is this possible and when how?

Thanks for your help!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Split Screen for Ads

Post by Arvol »

You can do this with slice transform but when going from a full screen to a split screen like this, you're going to get a "cut" and not a smooth transition or fade/scale to have the image fit in its respected spot.

put your content on layer 1 and your add on layer 2, and your background image or content on layer 3.
create your slices in advanced output. 1 slice being full screen and the other 2 slices being the add position (scaled) and the content (scaled), keep the third slice full screen for your background.

assign input selections for each slice, full screen gets layer 3 and the other 2 slices gets layer 1 and layer 2

add slice transform to layer 1 and 2 and bypass it.

map a keyboard shortcut to fire clips 2 and 3
map a keyboard shortcut to un-bypass the 2 slice transform fx.
map another button to kill layers 2 and 3.

when you press the fire clips and slice transform button, you should get the desired look. press the slice transform button again and the kill layers 2 and 3 button to get back to your original look

again, this is going to be a hard cut, and not smooth.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

I Would get this with Coloms...

Colom 1 :
Layer 1 : Background (Fullscreen)
Layer 2 : tv Signal (Overlay)

Colom 2:
Layer 1 : background (Fullscreen)
Layer 2 : TV ( Pip position)
Layer 3 : Ads (pip Position)

You can set some transforms for each layer and try what look nice...
Now you can just clich the colloms

Other way with movements, like the TV Signal getting small and move into position can be possible via OSC i think. But this can get some complex.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

He2neg wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 Other way with movements, like the TV Signal getting small and move into position can be possible via OSC i think. But this can get some complex.
You could do this with scale and position parameters animated to timeline, play once. On one of the capture clips the animation would make the clip smaller, on the other the opposite:
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 14:43
He2neg wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 Other way with movements, like the TV Signal getting small and move into position can be possible via OSC i think. But this can get some complex.
You could do this with scale and position parameters animated to timeline, play once. On one of the capture clips the animation would make the clip smaller, on the other the opposite:
Brilliant

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

phpBB [video]

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

awsome Hint.... timeline play once.... all we needed.... I sell my e2 and nextstage. =)=)=)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

FloHoehn

Post by FloHoehn »

Thank all of you very much! It works perfect! ;)

saradanyal

Post by saradanyal »

I genuinely love streaming games. Instead of commercials, you get to see the fans and performances with this technology of led digital signage display. And apart from this, I use it in my car. Landscape mode, Spotify and Google maps. It's just perfect.