Touch OSC losing connection

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VinicDiet
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Touch OSC losing connection

Post by VinicDiet »

Hello everyone...

I am experience problems using Touch OSC and Resolute 6 running on Windows 10.

It's a very basic control, just to change clips, but it's always loosing connection. Sometimes it works for 3 or 4 changes and stop working. Sometimes it connects, sometimes not. I have tried everything I know up to now.

Can somebody help me about this issue. Is there something I can do to have it more stable? I am using OSC protocol. Is Midi more stable?

Please, its very important to me.

Best regards,
Vinicius

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Touch OSC losing connection

Post by pfelberg »

Losing connection during operation does not seem to be a Resolume issue or an OSC as well. It seems to be a network problem, since they will not self change IP configuration or just lose connection.
Have you checked your network?
Some mobile devices may keep auto seeking for better network connections available and just disconnect from your current network (the one used by OSC and Resolume). Have you checked that?
My two cents on that.

Paulo

DumbNoob
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Touch OSC losing connection

Post by DumbNoob »

^ Ditto above.

Also, I use a dedicated router. I manually set the IP address assignment of my laptop to something within the range of the router's available IPs. In other words, I don't allow the automatic assignment of an IP to any devices within my local network. I do the same for my iPad - manually assign an IP. And I do the same for my iPhone (using that as a second controller for Resolume). Except, for the iPhone, I turn on Airplane Mode and then turn WiFi on. I have found that doing that allows for a more stable connection. With Airplane Mode off, I have the suspicion that the cellular carrier's LTE connection is still available to the phone thus (possibly?) causing some conflicts when trying to use Touch OSC.
Hope that helps!