Strobe effect breaks when freq to max

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Strobe effect breaks when freq to max

Post by mfo »

Topic says it all, when Strobe effect's frequency goes to "1.0" it stops flickering. "0.999" still works..

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Strobe effect breaks when freq to max

Post by Arvol »

This is normal behavior. Has been this way since I started using Resolume. Just map your shortcut to stop at .999

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

mfo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 13:54 Topic says it all, when Strobe effect's frequency goes to "1.0" it stops flickering. "0.999" still works..
I have a lot of functionality built around 1.0 and 0.0 doing this. I assumed it’s a feature.

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Arvol wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 16:54 This is normal behavior. Has been this way since I started using Resolume. Just map your shortcut to stop at .999
of course, that's what i did. still seems a bug to me.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The extremes of the strobe frequency param are set to be completely off at value 0 and completely on at value 1. This is done on purpose. Think of it as strobing infinitely slow and infinitely fast :ugeek:

If you don't like that behaviour, you can define your own envelope for the frequency param and save that as your preferred effect preset.