Nvidia Titan xp black screens

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
raymcfarland
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Nvidia Titan xp black screens

Post by raymcfarland »

I have a problem with launching Resolume 6 arena with Mac/eGPU The program runs but the screens on both the laptop and the second monitor is black/blank. I know its running in the background because the LCD task bar strip on the macbook pro's keyboard is showing the compositions Master opacity. I used purge-wrangler to setup and use the nvidia Titan XP eGPU on the current macbook pro with TB3. The computer will run every other program with the eGPU except Resolume. Thoughts?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Nvidia Titan xp black screens

Post by Zoltán »

It's possible that you have the outputs enabled to these monitors.
Try starting Resolume, then clicking on the Resolume window and then hit Command + shift +D, this should disable all outputs.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

raymcfarland

Post by raymcfarland »

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that isn't it. When I switch back to the internal GPU, everything works fine. There's something resolume or even my other VJing app (VDMX) doesn't like. The apps launch but the screens are all black.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

raymcfarland wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 22:52 Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that isn't it. When I switch back to the internal GPU, everything works fine. There's something resolume or even my other VJing app (VDMX) doesn't like. The apps launch but the screens are all black.
This sounds like an OS problem if vdmx is having issues too. Two different code bases there.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Indeed sounds like a driver issue.
Do you have the latest one?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

raymcfarland

Post by raymcfarland »

Yes, I have the most up to date driver.