FPS issues & flickers with a 4K projector

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

FPS issues & flickers with a 4K projector

Post by Grimm90 »

Hi all ,

I've been testing my dreaded MSI optimus laptop gtx1070 today with a 4K optoma UHD60 connected to it and for some reason my FPS is quite low for doing barely anything :/ I'm already blaming optimus but not sure if that makes sense..

Im playing a 3840x2160 comp on resolume 6 with one 4K output at 30hz.
In the comp there is one png image 1600x2160 , one 3840x2160 png mask on that layer and one effect as clip on the layer above it, both opacity sliders at 100% .
Nothing else going on and my FPS is going around 30-40 .
I can set it to 30 where it stays , i can't set it to 60.
When i am using a recolor / hue rotate / heat effect , the output (on projector but also in advanced output) , some changes in hue are like 'flickering'.
I can best compare it to a cheap LED par that is being dimmed , like if the steps are too big inbetween values.
It's mostly visible going from green to blue , and it looks horrible.
Now i'm confused if this flicker is caused by a low fps in resolume or is something else going on ?
I have been using these effects with 3x 1080p projectors , tons of layers & effects and a FPS around 30-40 too but i can't recall ever seeing this flicker..

Do you think the flicker in the hue change is caused by resolume running to slow ?
I would understand to see this is if my fps was 15 or so , but not at these speeds :s ?
Is this a normal FPS just because everything is at a 4K resolution including the png & mask ?

Tried changing all sorts of settings in the nvidia control panel , nothing helps.
When i disconnect the projector , fps goes back up ofcourse and everything looks fine in advanced output.