Lic check in to Resolume

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
YayFuzzy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Lic check in to Resolume

Post by YayFuzzy »

Will we have issues this year at burning man since we arrive before the 30 and have plans to play after the 1st of Sept? We may not have reliable access to link up to the verification server. Any info appreciated we own our lic but the can we do a pre check before we go out of range. This will probably affect a lot of visual artists.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Lic check in to Resolume

Post by Joris »

It's not a check on the 30th day of the month. It's 30 days from whenever your last check was.

Before you leave, start Resolume while connected to the web. Unless you plan on going all Old Testament and stay in the desert for more than a month, that's all you need to do.

Babcom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Babcom »

I find it a bit frustrating, the whole thing where we need to confirm the license 12 times a year... I have had several times since the release of Arena 6 where I have not performed the act for a while, later, ended up at a theatre in the basement without internet access. Having to run up to a cafe with internet and activate Arena.

I definitely like the old Arena better on this topic! Other thoughts on the matter?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Others have expressed similar sentiments, yes. We've discussed the pros, cons and possible developments here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15591

Feel free to weigh in!

YayFuzzy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by YayFuzzy »

Thank you Joris for the details.

That helps. For total clarity will just starting A6 with a live connection update the clock automatically and passively...or will I need to go into preferences and do a registration check to trigger the clock to reset. I will share this with the vjs i know traveling to TTITD this year.

Aloha
Fuzzy

Joris

Post by Joris »

Just starting up the program is enough.

If you want to be sure-sure, you can go to the registration tab. If you don’t see any red messages about time remaining there, it means Resolume just verified itself and you’re good for the full 30.