2 projectors - 60 miniclips - 5fps?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rjap
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

2 projectors - 60 miniclips - 5fps?

Post by rjap »

Hello,

I´m doing a project that use 2 optma projectors (resolution: 1280 - 800) and i´m using videos - mapping in the walls.
So basicly i have 30 little videos with 213px each one per projector.
I created 60 layers and i´m using one video per square mapping in each layer. the video size is around 4mb.
When i push all videos at the same time to create the full wall, the resolume start reduce the fps. It´s normal? In the last update resolume said that is already posible play 60 videos at the same time.

Another point is that i´m using two 20m hdmi cable, and my question is if an hdmi cable can break down a system? So, when i connect the both projectors to hdmi mac port and one to thunderboolt, the system starts begining very very very slow. For example, resolume goes to 4fps with a free composition and a free mapping. I was thinking and can only be because the cable, or no?

Thank you!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: 2 projectors - 60 miniclips - 5fps?

Post by Oaktown »

Did you convert all your clips to DXV3?

Also, what kind of computer are you using?

rjap
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by rjap »

Yeah, even without clips. Just making the project mapping - it goes to 11 fps.
I have a retina mac book pro - 15 - i7 with 16gb and 400gb free space of native ssd.
Even like that it crash.

The posibilities are:
- I´m using two projectores at the same time and one of this have a 20 m hdmi cable.
- It´s around 30º celsius in my town
- I already tried format the computer - with 2 versions of osx and the problem resist.

When i don´t have projectors connected the project go more and less - imagine: 60 little videos with effects at the same time, the composition goes to 34fps/40.

But if i just connect the projectors and put the composition total empty - just with the projection mapping that is one grid of 6x5 slices per projector - so one for each layer (total 60) - the resolume start going down.

In another time i just tried with normal windows without clip and even like that the resolume goes down.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Length of your HDMI cables is extremely unlikely to cause a problem, they’ll either work or not.

Which graphics card did you get in th MacBook?

60 clips, id like to thing this would work...
60 clips with effects might be pushing it!