Help with Multi Camera Input

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Help with Multi Camera Input

Post by Oaktown »

USB 3 solution: Blackmagic Multiview 4 ($495)+ Blackmagic Smart Panel ($85) + Magewell USB Capture SDI (or HDMI) 4K Plus ($459) - Just make sure you turn all the overlays off and you can combine (4) 1920x1080 HD into (1) 3840x2160 UHD signal

Thunderbolt 3 solution: OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt™ 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis ($199) + Blackmagic Decklin Duo 2 ($495) - I have used the OWC Mercury Helios 2
Thunderbolt™ 2 Dual Slot Expansion Chassis For PCIe Cards for years and it works great!

If you need to ingest HDMI, you can add (4) Blackmagic Micro Converters HDMI to SDI ($55 with power supply or $39 without)

Make_it_go_red
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Make_it_go_red »

Empyfree wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 09:09 Still not sure what inputs your laptop has? Let us know and we can make some more specific suggestions.

If you've got thunderbolt you might be able to use an external PCIE enclosure with a Blackmagic multi input card in it.

If you're stuck with USB3 your options become a bit more limited.

And yes, the Multi-viewers spit out a combined quad view which you can use.

Sorry - I mentioned above the laptop is an Acer Predator 15.
https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-predator-15/specs/

CURRENT INPUTS
HDMI x 1
DisplayPort x 1
USB-C
4 x USB 3.0

Make_it_go_red

Post by Make_it_go_red »

Oaktown wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 13:51 USB 3 solution: Blackmagic Multiview 4 ($495)+ Blackmagic Smart Panel ($85) + Magewell USB Capture SDI (or HDMI) 4K Plus ($459) - Just make sure you turn all the overlays off and you can combine (4) 1920x1080 HD into (1) 3840x2160 UHD signal

Thunderbolt 3 solution: OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt™ 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis ($199) + Blackmagic Decklin Duo 2 ($495) - I have used the OWC Mercury Helios 2
Thunderbolt™ 2 Dual Slot Expansion Chassis For PCIe Cards for years and it works great!

If you need to ingest HDMI, you can add (4) Blackmagic Micro Converters HDMI to SDI ($55 with power supply or $39 without)
THANK YOU for your time. will digest this info and look into it.

Make_it_go_red

Post by Make_it_go_red »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 How about a thunderbolt 3 enclosure with a DeckLink Duo 2, if you can go SDI?
Looks like you also have 4 USB3 ports on the machine, there are a lot of USB3 capture cards you could use.
Hmm ok. I'll look into USB3 options.. Thanks so much for your time.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Make_it_go_red wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 01:52
Zoltán wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 How about a thunderbolt 3 enclosure with a DeckLink Duo 2, if you can go SDI?
Looks like you also have 4 USB3 ports on the machine, there are a lot of USB3 capture cards you could use.
Looks like your USB-C port is just that, and sadly not also doubling up as a Thunderbolt 3 port which would open up more options. The USB options Oaktown mentions above are a great starting point for your research. Going in at 4K also means you can protect future HD camera work.

Make_it_go_red

Post by Make_it_go_red »

Empyfree wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 06:11
Make_it_go_red wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 01:52
Looks like your USB-C port is just that, and sadly not also doubling up as a Thunderbolt 3 port which would open up more options. The USB options Oaktown mentions above are a great starting point for your research. Going in at 4K also means you can protect future HD camera work.
Thanks!

Shamai
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shamai »

Make_it_go_red wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 05:57 How about a thunderbolt 3 enclosure with a DeckLink Duo 2, if you can go SDI?
i use a duo 2 in my desktop and have done 3 inputs and 1 output

if you get an enclosure you should be able to bring in all 4 inputs and use your regular hdmi output

put each camera on a separate layer in resolume and either use the transform options and manually re-position and scale each clip or you can use the advanced output to move everything around easily

make 4 slices and have each slice input a different layer
scale it down to %50 and snap everything to the corners
done

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Shamai wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 06:08
Make_it_go_red wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 05:57 How about a thunderbolt 3 enclosure with a DeckLink Duo 2, if you can go SDI?
i use a duo 2 in my desktop and have done 3 inputs and 1 output

if you get an enclosure you should be able to bring in all 4 inputs and use your regular hdmi output

put each camera on a separate layer in resolume and either use the transform options and manually re-position and scale each clip or you can use the advanced output to move everything around easily

make 4 slices and have each slice input a different layer
scale it down to %50 and snap everything to the corners
done
OP can’t use an enclosure with this laptop, there’s no Thunderbolt port.

Shamai
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shamai »

then either use usb 3.0 cards or maybe try doing ndi/spout and using other devices with additional inputs