Clips cannot loop/repeat?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
roxwindy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Clips cannot loop/repeat?

Post by roxwindy »

Hi,

I'm new to using Resolume and I've noticed that my clips do not loop on the same layer and move on to the next clip when the current clip finishes. I can't seem to find a method to keep the same clip to looping over and over again when I'm not clicking anything.

Could anyone help?

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Clips cannot loop/repeat?

Post by chenthemagician »

Greetings,

here are a couple of links you need to read thru and from there you should be fine.

https://resolume.com/support/en/clips

https://resolume.com/support/en/video

If you still have a problem, write back...

Respect
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

roxwindy

Post by roxwindy »

Hi there!

Thanks for reply, I've tried clicking repeat and the few other buttons on the transport layer in the clip section. After the entire clip ends it will just move on to the next one instead of repeating within the same clip. I did manage to keep looping the first clip by changing the settings in Auto Pilot to loop the first clip but I can't find a way to loop the other clips. I've tried reading the two links but I think it's something that I might have missed out!

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Auto pilot should be off if you want a single clip to loop indefinitely until you click another.

roxwindy

Post by roxwindy »

I'm not sure what I've done but it seems like my clips are able to loop and repeat nonstop now, which was what I wanted now. But I am unable to turn this function off to let my clips randomly play and shuffle, turning on and off autopilot made no difference. I'm really confused at the interface, seems to me that I screwed up somewhere...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

When it comes to autopilot, there's a few settings that override each other, so things might go all weird when you forget you turned them on or off.

So you first want to make sure all your clips behave the same. Select all your clips (just hit CTRL-a to select all of them), go to the Clip menu and select Clip > Auto Pilot > Layer Determined. This will turn off the auto pilot for individual clips, and make them listen to the layer auto pilot control instead.

Now, and this part is important, make sure you select the layer that your clips are on. So if your clips are on the bottom layer, select layer 1. If they're on the top layer, select layer 3 (or whatever your top layer is). You select a layer by clicking on the layer handle on the far left side of the interface.

When you're sure you have the correct layer selected, go the Layer panel and switch the Autopilot to OFF. If you want to be really sure, you can select each layer in turn, and make sure their Autopilots are all OFF.

At this point, your clips will loop forever and ever and ever and ever, until you click a different one.

Now, if you want to start playing them in random order, just select the layer they are on, and set the Autopilot to Random. If you want to go back to regular playback, set the Autopilot back to OFF.