Livid ds1 - BPM beat OUTPUT

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Bassindaniel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Livid ds1 - BPM beat OUTPUT

Post by Bassindaniel »

Hello all.

Working with Livid ds1, Windows 10, Resolume arena 6.1.0

Midi works fine. also output (can see the B turn on\off when pressing with mouse).

Does anyone have any idea how to get the BPM to sync blink on my board?

Thanks, Daniel.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Livid ds1 - BPM beat OUTPUT

Post by Arvol »

I built a small work around for this last weekend.
In my composition tab I added a Text Block FX.
I turned the opacity to 0 and set it bypass. This FX will not do anything other than output a blinking light via midi, so turn everything off. delete the text and set the color to transparent, this way nothing will show up in your video output.

I went to the Position X and mapped that to my MIDI Fighter Twister.
I set the Position X in-point to 0 and the out point to 500 since there is a range of 500 for the BPM in Resolume.

In the MIDI mapping part I set the Mode to Velocity.
Every controller is going to be different, but for my Midi Fighter Twister, the Velocity in-point that worked for me was 240 and the out-point was 260. Now when the BPM changes, the blinking light on my controller will reflect this.

Since my MIDI Fighter Twister is a button and a knob, I assigned this Text FX to the Button (Which controls the light) and I set the knob to the BPM control, so I can turn the knob and the light will flash with it.

I also double assigned the button to the re-sync BPM function as well, and assigned the tap temp to the button next to it, so I can tap the temp then press the bpm control knob to re-sync the down beat. Be sure to turn OFF the midi out on/off control for the re-sync so it doesn't interfere with the blinking light FX you just setup.

On a side note, Would adding a MIDI tempo indicator "tick" output be an option for a future release? so this could be setup natively? Maybe having the square BPM indicator have a MIDI Out it can send and no input to be given?

Thanks guys :)

Bassindaniel

Post by Bassindaniel »

Yes! Thanks.

Bassindaniel

Post by Bassindaniel »

Gif
Attachments