120 SK6812 RGBW Advatek Pixlite

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
nighthawkgraphics
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

120 SK6812 RGBW Advatek Pixlite

Post by nighthawkgraphics »

Hi

So, I have a strip of 120 sk6813 RGBW pixels and I'm running content though resolume to an Advatek Pixlite 16 (not the v2).

Workflow seems to be working seemlessly, Pixlite is behaving as it should and resolume is spitting out content that is displaying on the strip.

Problem I'm having is that the framerate on the strip seems really low, like there's a bottleneck somewhere, does anyone have any ideas?

When I run signal from a program uploaded to a teensy the frame rate is much better, just seems to be going from resolume to the pixlite that it occurs.

Anyone encountered anything similar? My thoughts are that its either:

Machine related (but it's not processing that much at all, simply a lines source which has a transform applied)

Resolume throttling it somehow in a way that isn't immediately obvious - resolution size etc?

Pixlite board is just a bit pants?

Using resolume 5.

Lemme know hive mind!

Bassindaniel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 120 SK6812 RGBW Advatek Pixlite

Post by Bassindaniel »

Hi.

Had this problem before.

In "Advanced screen" - "Lumiverse 1" - "TargetIP"
your TargetIP selected as Broadcast? if so, you must pick "IP address" and put you controller IP manually (or if you see your controller on the list selcet it).
Broadcast option look laggy and slow.

you can download "artnetominator" tool if you are not sure what the controller IP address.
https://www.lightjams.com/artnetominator/.

Daniel.